Softmod Depot
April 30, 2024, 04:59:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: your views on portable gaming  (Read 15433 times)
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

bababooey bababooey bababooey

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:53:20 AM »

"Ok here's the deal"

Want to know how you guys feel about portable gaming systems......should a person do one of the following or possably something that i havent listed

-get a DS
-get a GBA/GBMicro
-get a PSP
-get GP2X

wait for PSPversion2
wait for XboxPortable (sci-fi wire posted it a few months ago)

Let me know what you guys think, if these arnt hot or not let us know and why...thanks bi-atches
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »

PSP v2 is Never comeing out

the GP2X is one of the Dumbies portable devices i have ever seen
(i say Device cuz It's not really a gameing system)

I know ppl will Hate me for this But

My top pick would be...

1.(PSP)
the things that makes it better, are Bigger screen Better Graphics and FREE to mod well Close to free
seeing as witch version you Have you may need to get GTA (UMD) unpatched

2.(DS)
i love the DS only right Now it's More a Clock then a system it's like a 200$ clock that wakes me up 90% of the time LOL
BUT it's not all that bad i do have a Passme,M3,SD 2gig  with it that cost me 160+$$ to get and i can load close to 50+ games on it  But there are NO good Games to play
Most games you'll play for maybe 2hours then the Next day you try playing them and it's Not worth it

I would not get a GBAMicro thats just a BS thing to have  In the Gameing World SMALLER Is Not Better

Xbox portable  will suck if and when it comes Out  they been talking about that for Years...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:55:20 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

well ive still own my GBC....(only because my 1989, first round GB cracked the screen on a trip)
Im happy with the hardware that nintendo makes....never hear of major problems.....well other then that entire Virtual boy debacal.....

is the DS backwards compatable with GB and GBC games like the GBA?

you guys ever think that the major companies IE : nintendo, sony, microshaft will make a potable system like the sega nomad??
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »

Yes the DS can play  GB/GBC/GBA and DS games

as for
""you guys ever think that the major companies IE : nintendo, sony, microshaft will make a potable system like the sega nomad??""

Not sure what you mean?Huh 

you talking About How it more or less died befor it even came out ?
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »

well im reffering to how sega made the nomad.....a portable system that played all genesis games......

though it wasnt a financal sucess....     (in my opinon because it came out when sega was launchin the 32x, 2 new versions of the gensis that incorperated eather a G/cd...or G/32x......and it was smuthered by not enough advertising)   .......it still is a wonderful idea

think about it.....instead of buyin all new games....or slight different games.......you grab your GTA:III ps2 and put it into.......a sony nomad.......now it would cost quit a bit of money nad be abit larger then the current PSP.....but i personly feel that all 3 major comapnies could stand to make a killing

and you dont have to say sony.......lets say nintendo makes a......"GameRetangal" that all the gamecube games work on this portalble system.....it wouldnt be much larger then the PSP......and he cost i couldnt see it begin much more then the PSP.......

Im personly just a stikler for backwords compatiblity......if a companie is willing to stand by their product.....then they'll have my money
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »

really Haveing a ps2 CD on a portable system would Take to Much Power  Thats why they are not doing it

as for GameCube i could See that But i don't think it will Happen, But who knows it could happen

RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 04:55:18 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Look no farther then here my friends......perfect example of what im preaching about the from the best show of all time....THE SCREEN SAVERS......check it out and convert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0BTefzP0-E
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 05:12:08 PM »

Two more examples for you guys of home made......well i know now what im workin on in a few weekends from now

http://benheck.com/Games/Sony_projects/PS2p/PS2p%201.htm

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pguk3cr6XOY&NR
and heres how he did this one
http://www.freewebs.com/segasonicfan/pstwoportable.htm
infamousdice
Section-Specific Moderator
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »

what if i say i got ALL off them i might trade a psp 1 version 1.5 for a psp2 if it comes out

RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »

how about PDA gaming......any opions out there guys?!?
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 05:03:29 PM »

i wud doubt dat a good game for pda woulde merge. dere not the greatest system...
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

OK guys....been a bit on this tread.....

I was over my boyz house the other day....and he still has a workin Virtual boy.....

Heres the deal:
How many of you see it as a portable system
How do you feel about the downfall of VB
Do you feel it got the shaft.....was it to early for the tech....or did it pave way for other systems?

For the record iplayed some flying gaem.....and no headechs that was the entire rage against them when they disapered
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 04:26:41 AM »

Virtual boy  Was Just a Bad System As  all they could Do was RED colored Games and the games it's Self Was Not 3D what so ever  And it had a Very Bad Stand where you Killed your Knees Playing the Dang thing =)

I had One for about 1 week when it frist Came Out And i took it Back,  I could Not stand it =)

As a Portable system it whould be a wast of Money

as for the Tech LOL yea it was 3 glass plates with Red Dye   It Was Old Befor it even Came out
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 03:04:18 PM »

saw a micro at wally-world the other day for under $50......what do you guys think? how bout Ds......how does it stand up? is it worth 130?
infamousdice
Section-Specific Moderator
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:35:03 AM »

am that is good

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: