Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 09:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Case modding  (Read 10142 times)
dwheelz
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »

I know a lot of you talk about all the great stuff that you can do to the guts of the console, but whats a good console with good guts without a cool look on the outside. Anyways i was thinking that maybe SMD could start expanding in maybe tutorials on how to improve the console outside. I've been reading up and found how much you can actually do to your Xbox, such as cutting it down to make a slim xbox or you can paint it the colors you want or cut a piece out on the top and put plexiglass so that you can see your game or dvd, or led lights. THink about this and hopefully we can start to talk about case modding and adding tuts on how to do some cool stuff to the outsides of our xbox's, like check out zzk2001's or SMD xboxs. Thats the stuff im talking about.
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 03:15:01 PM »

Yeah that's a good idea... now just to see who actually know's how to do this stuff and can put it in tutorial form. I mean I've done paintjobs and changed cases etc, but I've never done anything too complicated.
dwheelz
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »

Well dr fweega maybe u could do a tut on that because most people paint there case and dont prime it or know that they should take out all the parts before painting it, a tut would be good for that.
dwheelz
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

A plexi example is something like this http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/9479/xboxwithplexilights4kg.jpg
drfweega
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:07:32 PM »

That is an awesome xbox, is that yours?
dwheelz
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 07:08:37 PM »

No , i want to do something like that or cutting the case into a slim box but i think that would have lots of over heat probs, but that came from llama.com in the forums.
dwheelz
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:12:04 PM »

But to do that case mod u need plexiglass, and i dont know if local stores have plexiglass Huh, anyone know if like homedepot or lowes or ace hardware carries that stuff. Also what paint should i use dr or anyone can answer these ?'s. I heard Krylon was the best
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:14:30 PM by dwheelz » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 08:27:56 PM »

yes they do, but just dont get any thick stuff as, it is very hard to cut, and it wouldt look good being that small. and plexi class is plexi glass pretty much, you would only have to care about brand if you where going to have it under situations where strenght is a factor.

dwheelz
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 10:05:58 PM »

i understand that. thanks
dwheelz
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »

so do u guys think we should make this another topic if we can get enough people want to start case modding?
n00blet
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 10:55:37 PM »

i think its a great idea. I sometimes see adds for websites that sell custom cases. That picture you showed also has some custom LEDs in the power button and on the xbox logo and its really awsome

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

I just bought a bunch o crap off of divineo like lights and whatnot. I figured it's time to make the box pretty. I'm tired of staring at the same old thing.
n00blet
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 07:01:37 PM »

lol awsome when your finished you should put a picture up or something

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: