Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 07:23:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How does the new layout look?
Really Good
Good
Decent
Not So Good
Really Bad

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The New & Improved Softmod Depot!  (Read 10943 times)
drfweega
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

Hello all Softmod Depot Members,

Softmod Depot has had a major makeover! We would really like it if you could please tell us what you think so that we could improve the site so that it will meet the needs of the people. SMD spent a countless number of hours working on the site to make a seamless integration so that everyone could enjoy. We have added a News section that will cover all types of News from PSP to XB360. We have added a Tutorials section to make it easier to find a tutorial that will guide you through your problems. If you could post your opinion or vote in the poll we would appreciate it very much.

We would like to thank all of the people who came to this site to keep it alive for without you guys we wouldn't be here. We would also like to thank the main man himself, SMD, for he has made this all possible and without him this site wouldn't even exist and we would still be getting in arguements with the people at Xbox-Scene.

- Admins & Mods
Clowd
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:14:14 PM »

Lol, looks great  Wink, and yeah *xbox sceaners can be dicks to newbs*. But oh well SMD rocks!, long live SMD!!!, to a greater and better future..!

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 07:52:31 AM »

For some reason Zzk felt it was so bad he needed to create an entirely different thread. Tis a shame... Let me make some things clear about the new look.

1> its staying. read below to see why
2> Google has completely shitlisted the old look (yes they can do that) from having any kind of page rank what so ever. Due to the black background, poor coding, and very dark colors over the black background.
3> As the site admin, I get way too much hate mail complaining the site is A> difficult to navigate, B> ugly (get that one A LOT) C> too dark (many people are still on way crappy monitors) and D> "I was on the site for a really long time before I was able to tell what it was about"
4> I've gotten a ton of feedback from 'noobs' (people who aren't used to the old website and compared the two for them and every single time, this 'new' look came out a head... not just by a little bit either, grossly ahead.

You guys get the point. The purpose of this is to provide our users with a simpler feel, look, and experience. From what I can tell, it will get the job done as it should, and aslo fix all the other things listed above.

Zzk - SoftMod Depot values your opinion more than almost everyone, however, please bear with it. It seems all your complaints are about the forums, these things (while keeping the appearance it still has) can easily be fixed. Make me a list of things in this thread about the forums that need updated (like how hard it is to see an unread mesage, etc) and I'll make the needed changes.

I guarantee all of you, this site has much more to offer our visitors (old and reoccuring) than the old one ever could. Please look around, check out the news section, the new tutorial section, etc. Its really good stuff and will only help us to continue to grow exponentially.

Anyway I REALLY apprecaite all the feedback, though some has been negative. We're a team and we are working together for the 'greater good' Smiley

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:03:16 PM »

looks a lil xbox sceneie with the green, white center, and gray borders Smiley

drfweega
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »

We would never copy the devil!
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »

Awww. i like da old look. the border was so cool. this is a nice refresh thou'
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »

dude how did you make that poll chart on top?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »

he used teh POOST NEW POLL button by the new topic button.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 06:22:36 AM »

hahaha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: