Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 08:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Yeah! PAL games work properly on 3.10 OE-A  (Read 2782 times)
infamousdice
Section-Specific Moderator
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2007, 09:29:19 PM »

Well 3.10 Oh yeah! (our pet name for OE-A) is out now, and Muratcan found something interesting that wasn't explicitly mentioned on any changelogs. PAL games now work properly on 3.10 OE-A. Muratcan was loading up Tekken 2 on his PSP when he noticed something different about it. He writes,

I remember earlier today I played it on 3.03 OE-C and it didn't fit the whole screen, it was a little off. But I just loaded it up now after upgrading to 3.10 OE-A and it fits perfectly.

A couple more tests show Tomb Raider 1 and Simpsons Wrestling to be working fine as well.

When Sony patched the PSP to 3.10, added support for more games was one of the intended effects in preparation for the PS3 launch in Europe. An unintended effect (or was it?!) was that custom firmware can now also get the same benefits of the patch.

While people are testing this out, have a go at it yourself. We'd like to know what games work and which ones still have issues, so don't hesitate to make a note of it on our forums, alright? A running list would benefit the homebrew community greatly as more stuff gets uncovered prior to the PS3's European launch.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: