Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 06:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emu Help!?  (Read 8346 times)
tdmarz22
« on: February 02, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »

Ok im trying to install some emus on my modded xbox but im a little unclear on a couple things.  I used karzyies NDURE and have evox as my dash.  Where do I put the EMulators and where do I put the roms.  Does it have to be a special emulator or a special rom or can i use one i have used on my computer. 

Thank you
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »

well u have to download the emulator and then put it in the emu folder and put the games in the rom folder but u have to FTP to ur xbox

tdmarz22
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 01:15:46 PM »

Could I do this with a usb drive using file explorer in evox?   cause im having problems FTPing curretly.

thanks for the quick answer Smiley
tdmarz22
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »

or wait i might have unleashx.

o and still does it have to be a xbox specfic emu or will one that works on windows work?
sonix2407
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

Could I do this with a usb drive using file explorer in evox?   cause im having problems FTPing curretly.

thanks for the quick answer Smiley

Well I'm not having a FTP problem but I'd like to know if you can transfer files on to my Xbox using my AR memory card. Because when I want to put something on my Xbox I have to take the ethernet cable out of my laptop, put it in my Xbox, restart my modem then turn my computer and Xbox on and the move back and forth from my PC to my Xbox (my PC is in my hallway and my Xbox is in my bedroom).
Then when I'm done I have to put my ethernet cable back in my laptop and restart my modem again.
drfweega
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 04:56:09 PM »

tdmarz22: No you can't use a usb drive, you would have to use FTP.

sonix2407: I know you can't do it with the Action Replay software ... so I would guess no you can't do it that way. I just use FTP. What you could do is move your xbox in the hallway with your PC and get a crossover (hook up for xbox -2- xbox) and plug one end into your PC and the other into the Xbox. Assign an IP address on the PC and Xbox then FTP it. You don't need to have the video cables plugged in the Xbox, you just need to have the video cord in the back of the Xbox.

That was a lot to swallow.. I hope you got it all.
sonix2407
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 05:23:17 PM »

Have you forgotten how heavy the Xbox is? I can already FTP to my Xbox, and I'm not dragging it in to my hall just to upload a few files. Plus my ethernet cable is massive, it can almost reach my front door downstairs lol, it's I have to keep rebooting my modem everytime I switch from my laptop to my Xbox it gets really annoying.
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »

u cud do wat i do. download till ure hard drive bursts then ftp
sonix2407
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »

Has anyone ever got PCS Xbox working? I'm trying to play Final Fantasy 7 and 8 using it and it either sits on the emulators loading screen (after the game is selected) and does nothing but not crashing, or it crashes at the emulators loading screen. It's really annoying!!

BTW I burned the .BIN and .CUE files to a DVD and I'm trying to load them through PCS Xbox's R drive (what it calls the DVD drive).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:49:49 PM by sonix2407 » Logged
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »

there is alot of working psc i am playin spyo 3 on this right now it works good

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:32:55 PM »

tdmarz22: No you can't use a usb drive, you would have to use FTP.

sonix2407: I know you can't do it with the Action Replay software ... so I would guess no you can't do it that way. I just use FTP. What you could do is move your xbox in the hallway with your PC and get a crossover (hook up for xbox -2- xbox) and plug one end into your PC and the other into the Xbox. Assign an IP address on the PC and Xbox then FTP it. You don't need to have the video cables plugged in the Xbox, you just need to have the video cord in the back of the Xbox.

That was a lot to swallow.. I hope you got it all.
go to bestbuy and buy 1 it is only 15 bucks u need a crossover cable try to get a cat 6 or cat 5 crossover cable

sonix2407
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »

I still have my Playstation one so I could just play the games on that, but I'd prefer it on my Xbox so I can sell my Playstation or something.
Luckly my Surreal64 works perfectly, even though I only have one game on at the moment. The N64 game I have on my Xbox wouldn't show all of the HUD on my computer, but it all shows up on Surreal64...ok it sometimes stops and the screen goes back for a second but it's not that bad.

I can already transfer files to my Xbox via FTP, so I don't need a crossover cable (and my modem has no extra ports on it, the USB is connected to my PC and the ethernet is connected to my laptop...or my Xbox).
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »

I still have my Playstation one so I could just play the games on that, but I'd prefer it on my Xbox so I can sell my Playstation or something.
Luckly my Surreal64 works perfectly, even though I only have one game on at the moment. The N64 game I have on my Xbox wouldn't show all of the HUD on my computer, but it all shows up on Surreal64...ok it sometimes stops and the screen goes back for a second but it's not that bad.

I can already transfer files to my Xbox via FTP, so I don't need a crossover cable (and my modem has no extra ports on it, the USB is connected to my PC and the ethernet is connected to my laptop...or my Xbox).

good i was going to tell u that if uu have a cabble modem then u could do it like that and u dont have to buy another crossover cable

sonix2407
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »

I'd just like to add a question here about Surreal64, does anyone know where it keeps the save files for each rom (when saved in game, not save states)?
The HUD on one of the missions in one of my roms doesn't show up right, you need to press certain buttons at just the right time to hit the enemy but it doesn't show the buttons. So I was going to see if I can either edit the save, or transfer a save I have on my computer from Project64.
sonix2407
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 03:28:51 PM »

Never mind I found out how to do it myself  Grin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: