Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 03:50:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a free website?  (Read 4059 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:09:11 PM »

hey everyone, i am lookin to create a website, but ive got no moolah. i dont want the website to be fancy at all, i just need to post 3 google videos, 3 songs, and 3 text files (yeah its for a school project, long story). the only thing i do request is that it doesnt have some huge long ass name. i'd prefer http://www.(name here).(something). any ideas? thanks.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:20:20 PM »

i use vectoredhost www.vectoredhost.com but there site is haveing dns problems atm, or you could always ask SMD to shell for you. I bet he would be glad to, he might be moving so give him a few days

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:23:06 PM »

great! thanks a bunch for the tip.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:31:55 PM »

well, vectoredhost just closed there doors w/o emailing me and i lost all the files for my website Sad they said they have it in there forums to get everything, but i never went to there forums, oh owell i have to start from scratch, another good hosting site that i use to use is www.bravenet.com/webhosting/ they have pretty fast hosting but theres advertisements and a limit of dif kinds of files you can host for free such as you cant host mp3's and special stuff for a website like that.

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »

oh, ok thanks. i asked SMD, and hes says he will help me out. thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: