Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:54:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just done the softmod!! woooooooooooooo  (Read 8713 times)
jebus989
« on: July 18, 2005, 09:22:41 AM »

u heard me^

just wondering, as i haven't got the errrrrrrrr cables i need to ftp my box. How else can i install and save apps to the hdd- are there any others that can be installed hidden in a gamesave using the AR... or any that i can burn onto a CD.

So what i kinda mean is: the installers that install an emergency linux system, can i use that with my krayzies softmodded box to run linux?

I would like to be running genoox and emus (surreal64! mario kart!!!) eventually...............

Hoping to get the errrrrrrrr cables soon (feel free to explain what i need for a direct ftp connection i have read many tuts but still slightly confuzzzeld)

(ps if this is posted in the wrong section, please move it and delete this sentence- it will save me from looking stupid... well a little less anyway)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:35:31 AM by jebus989 » Logged
NOS---

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 09:37:08 AM »

You can FTP your Xbox a few ways

I'll tell you my set-up first. What i have done is install an secoend NIC card in my computer, Set-Up ICS, Used an Crossover cable to connect the xbox to PC's #2 NIC. And i use Smart FTP.

Easy but Exspensive way is to buy an Router, and hook the PC and xbox into router using Ethernet connections and use Smart FTP that way.

Post an Questions!

I will answer you questions to my best ability!
jebus989
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 09:47:44 AM »

kewl
cheapness is good as i am low in funds atm but imo i need simplicity so the best method with these 2 things in mind would be...<insert v helpfull answer>

ure meth sounds complex, lots of caps confuze me, da router thang sounds good; i no that i should just research this but- for the readers as much as myself- how much will that method cost?
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 10:10:12 AM »

what i ment to say earlier (aswell) was: if i were to have ISOs on a CD/DVD (e.g. dyne:bolic) could i save them to the boxs hdd without ftping? can i install from unsigned disks??

this is just untill i get the whole ftp thang figured out and set up

We apologise for any mistakes or wrong terms used by the above replyer..                     Neither i, nor any employees condone this noobs questions, nor his repliesJebus989
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:12:59 AM by jebus989 » Logged
NOS---

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 11:00:39 AM »

Probobly, but downside is you need Xtoolbox or Xbox Media Center to be able to read the DVD or CD that is in the xbox drive.

Go to www.newegg.com , go to Network and stuff. And search for router, a cheap 25$ one will work. also you need an Ethernet Cord to connect the Xbox to the Router. 

jebus989
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 11:21:02 AM »

ok so that's all i need:
                                          ANY router
                                          Ethernet cable
right?

thanks for starting the ftp guide
thats gonna be uuuuusefull 2 me atm
NOS---

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 03:03:40 PM »

No Problem. I suggest my methoed becuse it costs less and dose a great job.Think, 5$ per card and you gain some computer knowlege. I totaly suggest getting an router from a store(Easier to take back). And yes any Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet cable. 

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 06:06:04 AM »

i don't know how long ago you asked But Yes you could setup a CD
with the Apps that you want and then use Xbox2DVD to transfer them
over to the Apps folder in your Xbox (just make sure you use a CD type that works
with your Xbox) If your not sure What type of CD/DVD will work with your Xbox Go here http://www.evilzmods.com/dvd.htm
FlareT
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 04:17:16 PM »

Installed softmod yesterday... fucken awsome!!! Installed XBMC... fucken awsome too!!!

IF YOU MOD IT...THEY WILL COME!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: