Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 12:50:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: what tye of music do you listen to?
Country - 10 (31.3%)
rap - 8 (25%)
r&b - 2 (6.3%)
pop - 2 (6.3%)
rock - 1 (3.1%)
soft rock - 2 (6.3%)
hardcore rock - 7 (21.9%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: what type of music do you listen to ?  (Read 13418 times)
jebus989
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »

I'm sure alot of you know about this, but check out Pandora.com. It's an extension of the music genome project and was made public last year.

Basically, it is an adaptive database of over 300,000 songs. To begin, you enter the name of a favourite song or artist. Pandora will then generate a playlist featuring songs and artist that are similar to your favourite. Either that match the song composition - genre, rythmn, beat count, speed - or that other users who listen to similar types of music have labelled positively. You can then add more bands / favourite songs as influences to create a totally diverse and constantly updated playlist of songs you will like!

You can have multiple stations or mash them all into one. Oh yeah, this is all legal by the way... duh... but some legalities are a problem. Such as you are not able to skip tracks more than ten times per hour, but you can ban songs you dont like from ever appearing on your playlist again and if you have to skip more than ten times an hour, you can change over to another station and then change back instantly.

It's a great way to discover new bands and of course, your 'stations' are saved and adapted overtime. As this project grows, it will become more accurate and even more impressive.

Another great thing about Pandora is - subject to approval - you get paid for advertising their website. I am recieving around $2,000 of your US dollars. LOL, jk, it just seemed like i was plugging them too much. It's good though, check it out.
LordCanti
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 02:58:09 AM »

I like all types of music, but I love Rock.

All types of rock...

Avenged Sevenfold
CkY
The Beatles
Rolling Stones
Ramestien
Rob Zombie...
The list goes on.
drfweega
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 03:13:10 PM »

Nice avatar LordCanti!
w00t220
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 02:26:01 PM »

nice its 4:20 somewhere too! lol
rollie220
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »

zeppelin is bomb along with other classics like floyd, the who, and cream.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: