Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 09:09:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad Day for Me!!!!  (Read 9005 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:46 PM »

Well it looks like my Xbox HDD upgrading is over for me  Embarrassed  The computer i used to Lock Xbox HDD's with does not work anymore and i tried EVERYTHING to fix it. All the other computers i have will not lock a Xbox HDD for some odd reason  Angry

i maybe get 1 xbox Mod every year or two wnyways so it's no big deal I was just lucky this time as the guy had a Modchip in his Xbox so i could lock the HDD with Config magic
realg123
Sr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:23:10 AM »

It could be the hard drive. It may not be compatable.
http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »

I feel for you ZZK, my xbox 360 flashing pc broke on me too.... bad caps and the cost of replacing a motherboard pretty much means you have to buy everything again...

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »

realg123 ?? did you read the post LOL, I said i locked the HDD  Grin  It's just my computer will not come on at ALL (aka) Died, no longer working.  Wink

I Build the Xbox Fatx format in my computer i am using now but when trying to do a Lockhd -a i get HDD frozen, Witch means i need to set HDD in the bios to User BUT!!! my Pc does not have that option in the bios   Undecided  (Thus why i used my Super old PC to make Xbox HDDs)
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:15:32 AM »

I feel your pain also zzk. I swapped to a board that doesn't support locking harddrives.

Also my xbox died last week after 4 years of honorable service. My 1.6a died last year. My 1.1 died last Thursday. I feel kinda sad. I've trouble shot the problem and it turns out the eeprom is fucked. Can't find a mod chip anymore to remedy the problem so it's now just a trophy from the days of modding. Last setup in it was a 500gb Western Digital with many backups and xbmc. I had modified it many times and it's basically a mess of solder and electrical tape lol. Capacitors were going out so cross checked the sizes and voltages and replaced them or bypassed them. It started going to s**t about 6-7 months ago so I kinda expected this sooner or later. The xbox was 2002 release manufacturer date of 6-17-02.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:37:26 AM by rattmansam » Logged

I like tacos.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »

So out of the couple original xboxs I have I made a monster because this weekend was boring. 750gb drive with 1.1 powersupply on a 1.6b board with ancient samsung drive. It boots and works properly amazingly. I played it for several hours and feel like I'm 5 years younger.

I like tacos.

realg123
Sr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »

I set up many xboxs with 750gb hdd. Make sure you format it right though. How much did the hard drives cost you?
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:01 AM »

I set up many xboxs with 750gb hdd. Make sure you format it right though. How much did the hard drives cost you?

I had it already from a data pc I trashed last year. I got it for free cause the pc was given to me with the 750 in it.

I like tacos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: