Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 11:52:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Review  (Read 37866 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:36:31 PM »

Update.2.0

After a few years i feel like the 3DS has become rather good for a handheld and the games that's come out has really made the system worth buying.

short Review... (DON'T buy the 3DS, Not worth 266$. Save your money.)

Small update...
The 3DS is now just $169 + tax  But... Still not worth it  Roll Eyes even after games like Zelda and kid Icarus it just does not feel worth it.

OK.. so i cracked and got me a 3DS "For F'ing $266"

First Thoughts
-System's screens look a little small and the one screen bigger then the other bugs me.
-Touch screen looks cheaper then the DS/lite version But some how works a little better.
-The 2gig SD card that comes with it is a nice plus but still does not make up for a 266$ price tag.
-not to heavy and looks nice for the most part.

Thoughts after turning it on
-The 3D is NOT real 3D and is a wast of time and money and should have NEVER been added, I say added as it fills like the 3D was just a second thought, The best way i can describe it is it's like looking out your window, Just you can't turn your head or your window goes blurry. To have a better understanding of the 3D go down to best buy and look at the Street Fighter 3D case That's more or less spot on to what it looks like, If anything the case looks BETTER!!!

- The Quality of the games... I would say they are a step up from NGC and kind of close to the Wii "but that's not saying much when a NGP/PSP2 is going to be about the same as a PS3, But then again Nintendo was never about High quality.

-The Camera... what can i say about this... Well it's like having a OLD!!! web-cam from 1999 trying to do 3D, YEAH!! it's that bad. My Cam on my s**t Cell phone looks better, Again it fills like the cameras where just a second thought or just dumb down to save money so Nintendo would make more money off it.

-The controls, Well the ONLY good things i can really say about the 3DS is the controls, The thumb stick is very nice and feels really nice, Pad/buttons same as DS-lite  and fine for the most part, I just hope games don't use the touch screen for moving anymore when we have a nice thumb stick to use.

-The one thing that bugs me is the internet browser on the 3DS "THAT YOU CAN'T USE!!!" I mean why place the icon on there if you can't even use it... This bugged me A LOT.

Over All
-It's over priced
-out of date hardware
-The 3D is not even 3D
-Games out as of right now are NOT worth 42$ ( i mean really 42$ for re-makes?) And to tell the truth No game coming out should be 42$ "WAY over priced"
-For the fist time Nintendo is now a over priced Whore.

Score...
3DS system 3/10
3DS games 2/10 (as of 4/03/2011) once some games come out that are not just re-makes this may change.

For the most part i say STAY AWAY from the 3DS or wait till it's down to about 140$ or less, Then and only then would it be worth it.(not really)

I will say that i May.. end up keeping the 3DS just to wait on Kid Icarus and the Zelda re-make, "Yeah i am waiting on a gay re-make LOL but it's fucking Zelda"

But really it's NOT worth buying right now or even ever.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:23:06 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:18:49 AM »

So negative lol, I personally haven't liked a Nintendo handheld since the game boy advance. I'll just wait for the new ozone thanks to this review.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 01:17:05 AM »

I got me a Game Boy and a PSP, I'm set Cheesy

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »

I think i'll be keeping my SNES...

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

I kind of figured the 3D wasn't going to be all that. And I had heard about the cameras as well, I know their just for $hits and giggles but come on, give us a little decent quality. To me and my standers, strictly hardware wise, it dose not appeal to me.

I think the new NGP looks a little more promising, hope that doesn't disappoint as well.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »

Yeah.. so i got Acekard 2i working on the 3DS and i seen that the DS games look WORSE then if played on a DS/lite  Undecided  I am just sick of this crappy device, And if the Zelda re-make looks as bad as the Rayman2 re-make I will NEVER get this again.

I am going to walmart today to re-turn the 3DS...WOOT!! i get my 266$ back.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »

Small update...

I returned my 3DS  Tongue  Yep i got my 266$ back As it just does not feel worth it Even with the New Zelda re-make coming out in June.

The sad part is i did not return the game so i am out 50$  Undecided Maybe i can sell it and get back at best 20$
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 05:40:09 PM »

My son really wants one of these. Thanks for sparing me the pain in the ass man. I had a feeling it was going to be crap.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:57 AM »

My friend has one and I tried to play it. It's not like the psp go where you can play it even though it isn't comfortable. This is just an icky piece of plasticy crap. The graphics are just a ds. The 3d sucks so bad. All it does for me is get blurry. My friend regrets buying it so bad. He got it for his fiance and waited till her birthday and gave it to her and she hated it really bad too. I can't stand to use this thing.... 

I like tacos.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 03:27:15 AM »

Yeah... even with the price drop the thing just sucks... I am so lucky i took it back when i could  Wink

Now i just hope the ps vita will have good games and be worth the High price tag  Grin
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »

Ps vita isn't that expensive compared to when the psp came out Smiley

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 01:41:39 AM »

Yeah but Even with me loving the PSP I did not buy it till the price dropped to about 198$ And i got it used from Gamestop HAHAHA..

I just don't see myself paying over 200$ for a handheld gaming system "No matter how good it is"

The 3DS was pushing it and in the end i took it back  Roll Eyes

I may.... and i say MAY!!! get the Ps vita Wifi+3G  "I am told i get a bonus this December"  So i may keep it for the Vita
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:35:18 AM »

Yeah but Even with me loving the PSP I did not buy it till the price dropped to about 198$ And i got it used from Gamestop HAHAHA..

I just don't see myself paying over 200$ for a handheld gaming system "No matter how good it is"

The 3DS was pushing it and in the end i took it back  Roll Eyes

I may.... and i say MAY!!! get the Ps vita Wifi+3G  "I am told i get a bonus this December"  So i may keep it for the Vita

If I actually find a job I may get the PSP Vita. I just hope it gets hacked right away but ohh well.

I like tacos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: