Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 05:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally got a car!!! =D  (Read 9347 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »

I finally got a car! =D woot woot =P it's a white Honda Civic Coupe DX automatic everything standard but intake and the exhaust. but that'll change when I get a job =D

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »

I finally got a car! =D woot woot =P it's a white Honda Civic Coupe DX automatic everything standard but intake and the exhaust. but that'll change when I get a job =D

Cool. I ran into a pot hole the other day and have an exhaust leak lol.

I like tacos.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »

not a fan of Hondas, but good job on a first car!

I got a '92 Pontiac Bonneville and my most recent additions is:

'81 Ford F150 Custom 4x4
'77 Chevrolet Scottsdale K20 (3/4 ton 4x4)
'79 GMC Sierra K15 (half ton 4x4) SHORTBOX!

I like trucks.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:26:38 AM »

Very nice Co  ha ha I like trucks too it's just a truck wasn't in my price range at the time =P and I'm sorry to hear about your exhaust ratt hope you get it fixed soon.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »

Very nice Co  ha ha I like trucks too it's just a truck wasn't in my price range at the time =P and I'm sorry to hear about your exhaust ratt hope you get it fixed soon.

It's not hard to fix i'm just lazy.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »

Ha ha yeah it is easy lol =P speaking of broken things though, You guys know the symbols next to the shifter on automatic cars? well these ones?

Well min is exactly the same except in this pic it's right side drive, other than that mine looks exactly the same. well anyways when the lights are on those numbers and letters are supposed to be lit up well mine don't light up ant they are supposed to I checked by ripping the housing around the shifter up and fount wires going to the letters and numbers and such but it looks perfectly fine I'm stumped here. I don't know where the wires lead to so I can't figure this out. My horn also doesn't work and the Air conditioner/heater controls like where the switches are not the buttons don't work either. does anyone know how I can figure this out? and Yes I checked the fuse boxes yes boxes I have more than one on mine under the dash and under the hood and none of the fuses look blown so idk what to do guys. =/ I really don't want to splice into different wires if I don't need to just to get the lights to work. So any help at all will be greatly appreciated thanks.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »

Ha ha yeah it is easy lol =P speaking of broken things though, You guys know the symbols next to the shifter on automatic cars? well these ones?

Well min is exactly the same except in this pic it's right side drive, other than that mine looks exactly the same. well anyways when the lights are on those numbers and letters are supposed to be lit up well mine don't light up ant they are supposed to I checked by ripping the housing around the shifter up and fount wires going to the letters and numbers and such but it looks perfectly fine I'm stumped here. I don't know where the wires lead to so I can't figure this out. My horn also doesn't work and the Air conditioner/heater controls like where the switches are not the buttons don't work either. does anyone know how I can figure this out? and Yes I checked the fuse boxes yes boxes I have more than one on mine under the dash and under the hood and none of the fuses look blown so idk what to do guys. =/ I really don't want to splice into different wires if I don't need to just to get the lights to work. So any help at all will be greatly appreciated thanks.

You're gonna have to dig up under your shifter and look for the light unless it doesn't have one like mine. Also A/C might be a bad circuit board if its the switches. The horn is probably just a bad ground. Take apart your steering wheel and check the wires with a multimeter.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:11:04 PM »

Well I fixed the light for the shifter it was just a burnt light and I don't have a multimeter (yet) I have to get one soon for school I've ripped through the dash and found that the horn goes to the alarm system unless that's only for the alarm system  then idk where the horn is it's not in visible sight that's for sure lol. but I'll dig into it tomorrow morning when I have plenty of light and plenty of time.  Tongue

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 04:11:11 PM »

Well I fixed the light for the shifter it was just a burnt light and I don't have a multimeter (yet) I have to get one soon for school I've ripped through the dash and found that the horn goes to the alarm system unless that's only for the alarm system  then idk where the horn is it's not in visible sight that's for sure lol. but I'll dig into it tomorrow morning when I have plenty of light and plenty of time.  Tongue

Well if it goes through the alarm like mine it shouldn't matter. I had my alarm out forever and it worked fine. It might possibly be in one of the front quarter panels or under your battery holder.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »

Well if it goes through the alarm like mine it shouldn't matter. I had my alarm out forever and it worked fine. It might possibly be in one of the front quarter panels or under your battery holder.

yeah the one I found that went to the alarm system was only for the alarm system. I found the actual horn which is right next to where the right fog light should be. The horn has wires connected but I cant trace them anywhere because I cant see where the wires go unless I rip the bumper off lol I'm guessing it's a wiring problem in the steering wheel or something. idk yet.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »

yeah the one I found that went to the alarm system was only for the alarm system. I found the actual horn which is right next to where the right fog light should be. The horn has wires connected but I cant trace them anywhere because I cant see where the wires go unless I rip the bumper off lol I'm guessing it's a wiring problem in the steering wheel or something. idk yet.

Ouch I bet that's gonna suck. Well have fun lol.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »

Oh I live for this kind of stuff ha ha XD I love fixing stuff so this is right up my alley I'm just not too good with electrical so idk where everything goes. but I think I'm starting my electrical phase in school next week.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 05:05:00 AM »

Oh I live for this kind of stuff ha ha XD I love fixing stuff so this is right up my alley I'm just not too good with electrical so idk where everything goes. but I think I'm starting my electrical phase in school next week.

Electrical is the easiest part for me.

I like tacos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: