Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 08:50:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of gaming... Is it Here?  (Read 4858 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

http://www.onlive.com/

OK so i just see this and I guess it's been talked about for Some time.
 LOL yet this is the first time i have heard of it  Grin
Anyways it's Said to be the Future of gaming with No High end hardware Needed ? just a broadband connection.
Go to the Website and Check it out and tell me what you think.
And How will they make it so you can play High end games without a High end PC?

My guess is this could be a Big Hit So a Super Bust "Anyone remember Sega TV" wink wink  Wink
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »

Yeah, this has been around for about a year. THese guys have the right idea, let the server itself do the processing and all the computer does is just send commands and receives video and sound data. In a nutshel this is great, but just imagine the cost to keep a room full of supercomputers going all at 60 fps and uploading that to the net. That could definetly be a problem, but they swear it isnt going to be expensive. personally, i dont care much for this as i am a console gamer, but if this does come around, maybe i willl consider doing it.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »

Yeah sounds like a great  idea. Cant wait to check it out.

but im still going to be a console gamer
because what if the servers down a i wanna
play, or my Internets down and i just want to play Campaign etc.

But will see the true ups and downs when it comes out
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »

Update Nov,5,2010

OK... well Online is Now up and running So i had to try it out  Grin  And here's what i thought about it.

(The Good)
1. I liked the fact that the program it's self is SUPER small

2. Free Trail on games are so Awesome, Makes you want to buy the games LOL

3. The Dashboard or XMB or Whatever "interface" is like a mix of XBL and PSN  really cool, as being able to watch other people play a game is really cool to.

4. Over all price is not half bad, "Program and Sign up is FREE just renting/Buying the games cost you money"

(THE BAD!!!)
1. LAG!!!  We seen this coming  Wink but the game lag is not really BAD but still makes you mad when you turn your head in a FPS game and 0.5secs later it turns "makes it hard to shoot people"

2. DLL problems for XP(SP2) users "was easy to fix" just download the missing dll and place in the Online folder.

3. Connection problems, Yeah the first time i started it said i had a bad connection ? wtf i have a 20mb cable line LOL

4. Game play it's self was Laggy like there system could not handle the game "But it was not to lag to make me want to stop playing it  Roll Eyes 
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »

I heard about this thing before it came out, and I thought "What a great concept, except for lag".

Looks like I was right. Most games require a spit second reaction time. And when they add in the .5 second respond time, you have to reorganize your *crap* to get anywhere. But like I said, it's a GREAT concept.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: