Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HardMod  (Read 5313 times)
realg123
« on: February 05, 2009, 05:27:17 PM »

I have a hardmod original xbox. And would like to put another hard drive in. How would I do that? I know how to change hard drives on softmods, but not sure how it works with hard mods, any help would be great.
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »

chipped xboxes don't need to be locked, so basically the easy way to do it is FTP and save all your gamesaves and files you want to keep to your computer.
put the new harddrive in the xbox and use an autoinstaller to format and partition the drive as a M$ orig with F and/or G formatted in fatX.
slayers 2.6 can be found in our downloads section, the password on the archive is smdepot
just follow the promts on the screen while the auto installer is in and you'll have it up and running in no time. FTP back all your saves to the proper folders that they came from.
I always tell people to keep their old stock harddrive, just in case you ever have a issue with your new harddrive you always have a backup plan ready to pop in.

that should get you going
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

realg123
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:14:16 AM »

thanks boost
But I am still having problems.
1) I am using a 250Gb Hard drive. I tried using slayers format tools to format g: But I get nothing (It formats it but it does not show up on file expolorer.
I tried using xbpartioner and I get a msg saying "I need lba....different bios"
F: shows up the way it is suppose to show up.
G: Even though I enable it still nothing.
I do not know which modchip it is, and am completey new to modchips and do not know how to upgrade bios
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:13:54 PM by realg123 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: