Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 04:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xbx360 softmodding and xbox live  (Read 12527 times)
itz_jonno
« on: August 30, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »

is it possible to softmod my 360 to play backups, and then play the backups on xbox live without getting banned?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »

not really softmod, but you can flash a different firmware on the DVD drive, but in order to play on live, you have to update it almost every week..... I say, if you want to play a game on live buy it....

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »

I'm still scared to do mine, though I haven't been playing live much. Playing backed up games THAT I ALREADY OWN would be sweet though Wink

civiciz4me
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »

is it possible to softmod my 360 to play backups, and then play the backups on xbox live without getting banned?

yes but either way there is always a chance to get banned,main thing to watch out for is the dashboard updates,
all game updates are fine,nothing to worry bout
i been playin backups on live everyday for bout 2 years,
jstLoner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »

Sorry for necroposting, but I figured it's better than trashing up the forums with yet another "softmod and xbox-live" thread. :S

Anyway, my question is:
At what point there is risk of getting your XBox360 banned from XBox live? Can you get banned if you play online with a modded firmware (but with original purchased DVD), or only if you're playing online using a backup? Would there still be risk if I play backups offline and only use original DVDs online?

thanks.
realg123
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »

There is still a chance you could get banned using modded firmware. There arent updates every week. Updates are released every couple of months. The newest one being LT 1.1 for benq and lite - on drives. If you would like to play on live its smart to have your firmware updated to the newest one, although there is still a chance of getting banned. 

To answer your question jstloner. There is still a chance that you could get banned even if you're using your original game, details get saved in the nand. Just be smart use ABGX to confirm if your backup is good and all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: