Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 05:34:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP 3000 Chat  (Read 12621 times)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »

As you may all know now, the PSP 3000 has been announced and a change log has been stated.
The new PSP retains the size and features of the current, slimmed-down PSP (PSP-2000), while incorporating some hardware updates:

* The LCD screen will have a wider color gamut and higher contrast ratio to deliver deeper, more vibrant colors, as well as anti-reflection technology so you can see the screen more clearly when playing outdoors. As you all know, the PSP’s screen is a key strength of the hardware, and this update adds an absolutely dazzling LCD screen to the handheld.
    * A built-in microphone allows for Skype calls and multi-player gaming communication directly from the hardware - eliminating the need for attaching a separate headse

Personaly, I Don't see much of a change, and I really dont think that it will be worth the upgrade...
The LCD screen is about the only reason to buy it, but the built in microphone seems apealing as well.
Rest assure I will buy it as soon as it gets hacked, but I want to know what you think. This topic is just for opinions and Fun.
Pictures:

NEW NEWS!!!!!!!
Comparing the specifications provided by SCEA on the new PSP-3000 with the specifications provided back when the PSP-2000 was announced, PlayStation LifeStyle was able to spot a few key differences. They have listed the differences in a table showing that the greatly improved LCD screen and microphone aren't the only changes.

It also appears there are differences in:
- Button configuration
- Video output capability
The video out capability may as well help see movies on the big screen (well its bigger TV) without the bluriness of softeners!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:45:36 AM by Art2Fly » Logged

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »

Same dont have a psp so this new PSP-3000 should be interesting. Ill buy it when it comes out so when a hack dose come out, ill have it to test it on Grin
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 06:17:53 PM »

Shouldn't be too hard to hack it, right? And what's the price tag on the core? Has it been announced yet?

They should also put in a camera so I don't have to install one myself Tongue

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »

The price tag will be the same as the core now, and they are also releasing the ratchet and clank pack but with a silver one, and a new 4gb pack

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 03:26:25 PM »

Shouldn't be too hard to hack it, right? And what's the price tag on the core? Has it been announced yet?

dude didn't you read the news post i made on the home page it has all the info lol
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:34:52 PM »

lol yeah!!!
NEW NEWS!!!!!!!
Comparing the specifications provided by SCEA on the new PSP-3000 with the specifications provided back when the PSP-2000 was announced, PlayStation LifeStyle was able to spot a few key differences. They have listed the differences in a table showing that the greatly improved LCD screen and microphone aren't the only changes.

It also appears there are differences in:
- Button configuration
- Video output capability
Video out capabity... that may as well be some thing to be very happy about!! maybe now we'll be able to watch it on the big screen without the blurriness of softeners!

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »

I don't think the New 3000 PSP well beable to be hacked  As i am sure it will the same type of motherbaord like the TA-88v3  or even better SO... i would not buy a 3000-PSP

really I don't see the Big Deal about it.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »

I don't think the New 3000 PSP well beable to be hacked  As i am sure it will the same type of motherbaord like the TA-88v3  or even better

TRUE,
It makes me not wanna be a game designer cause of all the hacking and pirating , lol and i just started taking a game design class in college o well  Grin good for multimedia purposes hahaha
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »

I don't think the New 3000 PSP well beable to be hacked  As i am sure it will the same type of motherbaord like the TA-88v3  or even better SO... i would not buy a 3000-PSP

really I don't see the Big Deal about it.
Then again, Remember the TA-082 psp's? I have one right now and I was super pissed off when I found out it was a TA-082. Then came christmass, DA released the unbricker for even TAs. Even so, what do you think sony does to unbrick a psp that has like shut down during updates?

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »

Wait a second, there might be a PSP that can NOT be modded? Damn... So how do I tell if I am getting a new PSP (3000) or a old one (2000) this holliday season?

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »

Look at the home button, the back ring or a hole close to the + vol icon... but there are some slims that cant be hacked too... i suggest a refurbished one.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »

Your saying that refurbished is the best deal? I mean, they have a tendancy to break and things... Should I really trust refurbished 100%?

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 12:06:53 PM »

Wait a second, there might be a PSP that can NOT be modded? Damn... So how do I tell if I am getting a new PSP (3000) or a old one (2000) this holliday season?

the barcode tells you dude

see it says PSP-1001 (means Phat) lol if you can see it Grin
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 07:17:33 PM »

the barcode tells you dude

see it says PSP-1001 (means Phat) lol if you can see it Grin

Great info dude. Finally I find a way to tell what version of PSP it is! Thanx! But can I trust refurbished 100%?

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 01:50:59 AM »

well id say about 92% but it all on you really
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: