Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 03:20:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feds Raid Video Game Modders  (Read 3223 times)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »

This site needs an update, and I found the following to be relevant and actually quite interesting… Thanks for the news tip manny.

U.S. customs agents raided 32 homes and businesses early Wednesday, searching for hardware that allows pirated video games to play on the popular PlayStation 2, Xbox and Wii consoles.

According to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, the search warrants were served in 16 states, including California, Illinois, New York and Texas, as agents looked for evidence of the importation, sale and distribution of the modification devices made overseas and smuggled into the country.

The so-called “mod chips” and “swap discs” targeted by the searches let gamers play pirated titles or counterfeit copies on Sony Corp.’s PlayStation 2, Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox and Xbox 360, and Nintendo Co.’s Wii video game machines.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »

Dude, that is harsh.(said while covering my *pirate tools* i.e. Xbox Smiley )

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: