Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 05:27:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: (OLD)Softmod with Krayzie UXE installer  (Read 146067 times)
NOOB Softmodder
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 01:09:52 PM »

Hi all,
Just tried to softmod my xbox, but something appears to be going wrong.

I'm using the Splinter Cell PAL method and Krayzie installer

Here is what I've done:-

1. Updated my dash to latest version using the xbox live update
2. transfered the 2 game saves to my memory card via ftp using a hard modded xbox Smiley
3. copied the saves to the unmodded xbox
4. ran game and hit the 'Linux' game save.
5. This is as far as I get. I keep getting 'Error 21' on screen

Please, can anyone shed any light onto this, its doing my head in.

BTW, I tried this on my hardmoded xbox and got as far as the option to softmod the xbox (but didn't do it as its already hardmodded)

Thanks in advance guys

**UPDATE**
Right, I thought I'd better test the transfer of the saved files on my memory card (not an official one btw) back to the hardmodded xbox. So I deleted the saves from the console and transfered them from my memory card to the hardmodded xbox.
When I tried to execute the hack the console just froze on my. Indicating to me that the unofficial memory card just wasn't getting the saves transfered correctly.

I'm off out now to buy me an official memory card to try that.

I'll keep you guys posted

**Update 2 **
Well I managed to get hold of a pre-owned official xbox memory card from my local 'GameStation' and everything worked a treat.

Gtreat softmod tools.

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 07:54:09 AM by NOOB Softmodder » Logged
azndoodle
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 11:50:26 PM »

The instructions works wonders! It's perfect.  However I now have a problem.
I followed the instructions to upgrade my HD to 200GB I checked the compatibilty list and I know i bought the one that can be locked.  With this instructions: http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=16.0
Basically I,
1) backed up C & E content to my PC
2) used xbhdm 1.9 to create the CD containing all my C & E files & eeprom.bin file
3) booted my PC with new 200GB HD and new xbhdm CD (from step 2)
4) from the CD menu i chose: Build a new Xbox HD from scratch
5) followed the onscreen instruction and created F & G as well copying content of C & E to the drive
6) locked the new 200GB HD.

I've done everything to a "T"!  My xbox booted up fine.  However it now boots up to the MS dashboard, not to my EvoX dashboard.   I tried to reinstall with Krayzie UXE installer but up to the point where it ask me to choose dashboard, it would give me an error saying something like "Last action: rename ..."  and it wouldn't allow me to go any further.

Does anyone know what's wrong?  How can I fix it so that I can install properly?

I was thinking is there an .ini file that i need to check and mod so that it will boot to the appropriate dashboard?

Please HELP.
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 01:44:23 PM »

you doing fine
just mod it again and POOF
200 gig softmodded xbox
also when you do the mod on this 200 gig
make sure you choose NK Patcher 06
it'll let you put all your free space on "F"
you won't need G

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

azndoodle
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 12:17:56 AM »

Now I have another problem.  When I try to mod it again, using my Splinter Cell, I try to load the exploit in the saved game of SC, and once I press A to load it, it freezes.  The music is still playing, but no response from my xbox.  I tried unpluggin the controller, not even an error message pops up.  The only way is to eject the game or turn off the xbox.

What's going here?  Can someone help me?  I've tried using Krayzie's UXE installer 2.7 & 2.8, and this symptom happens with both.
azndoodle
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 09:02:59 PM »

update: I give up on the Splinter Cell method of installing softmod, so i ended up buying 007 Agent Under Fire to install the softmod and it works great.  I don't know what's wrong could it be my Splinter cell DVD or the saved game files??
jebus989
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 02:43:06 AM »

yuppers sounds like a patched disk
azndoodle
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 06:05:49 AM »

the odd thing was that I've been using Splinter cell exploit a few times and it was successful..just recently it doesn't work.  I'm wonder whether there's specific steps when using Splinter cell exploit.  Like how 007's exploit requires you to run a new game before loading the exploit. 
azndoodle
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 06:51:19 AM »

UPDATE:  Finally a SOLUTION
I took a leap of faith.  I uninstalled the softmod and reinstalled it.  I was afraid I lost all my files, which I did. =( I lost everything on my F: drive.  But it wasn't the end of the world,  I just had to recopy everything back in again.

The solution:
Apparently when I used XBOXHDM 1.9 the F: drive was allocated full 180GB of space.  So what I need to do was tell Evo-X that all I have is a F: drive and no G: drive.   So I chose .06 (instead of .67) patch.  Once the softmod has been installed, my F: reported only 80GB of free space, but then I (using Krazyie's UXE installer) format F: to get the correct size that i'm suppose to have.  Now I have 180GB ALL on my F: drive. 

My problem: I had followed the instruction tooo closely.  Those instruction to installing softmod was only for HD smaller than 160GB.  Any HD greater than that (such as my 200GB)  You need to follow my little instruction so that your dashboard reports the correct size of your HD.

No time to spend countless hours, re-copying all my games back to my F: drive.
sububurbansqueegie
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 07:01:08 PM »

Ok, this is my second time modding an xbox and this time I used Krayzie UXE installer and installed the ExoX dashboard. I chose this program because everyone on these forums is saying how it is possible to turn off the softmod and go into retail mode. The problem is that I have no idea how to switch to retail mode and turn the softmod off. I keep trying to play on XBL with games that I haven't even modded and I keep getting error message 21 saying that my xbox needs to be serviced. So if someone could please tell me step by step how to switch between retail and softmod mode, I would greatly appreciate it. The solution is probably very simple, but I just can't figure it out. Please help!
drfweega
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »

Boot up the game you modded with and choose the Run Linux gamesave. There will be an option for 'Turn off Softmod'.
FSI SnakeBite
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 09:19:27 PM »

This is absolutely the easiest way ever, i went fishing with my uncle while my 11 year old brother didnt want to go and i asked him to try to soft mod my xbox, i came home, and he softmodded it, got XBMC and modded halo 2  Shocked
zakiller
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 05:06:43 PM »

When i exstract the file and delete the skin.rar to save space then i add it to a zip again it saids its not a valid xbox save when i try to put it on my AR card could someone help?
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 05:08:58 PM »

make sure it's a .zip when you "rar" it.
also you dont have to extract those files, you can delete them when you open the save in winrar.

just double check and try those options
that should get you started.

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

zakiller
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

make sure it's a .zip when you "rar" it.
also you dont have to extract those files, you can delete them when you open the save in winrar.

just double check and try those options
that should get you started.

BOOST
WOOOT ! i barely know you but i luv you now thanks very much for the quick reply and help Smiley i hope i can help people here in the near future when i get better at softmods.
Pinky
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

how do i et 2 do the duelbootin n dvdx stuff i didnt understand wut u meant? Huh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: