Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 01:31:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to solder???  (Read 3512 times)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »

ok well i'm new to soldering and i have a soldering iron that used to belong to my dad but i never took the time to learn or ask him can someone erm tech me p.s don't flame i'm just like 15

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »

well first, its best to learn with very low temp solder, its of just practice to be able to solder good all you have to do is get the gun hot, and get some solder on the tip (very small amount just to coat the tip) so when you star soldering the solder is easier to work with. then you place the tip of the string of solder where you want to solder, and place the gun there as well, then slowly push on the solder wire till theres enough solder where you want. WARNING if your adding wires to a bored, be very carefull and do not use to much solder, as one mess can rly screw you over.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 02:53:56 AM »

use plenty of flux and clean your tips. try taking apart electronics and putting them back together, thats how i got good Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: