Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 06:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I DID IT  (Read 5411 times)
losteyes
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:49 PM »

Thanks to Krazyie to Afterdawn and SMDEPOT for all the helpful information you provided! one question though... How do I save the games to my hard drive?
realg123
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:56:04 PM »

Well you should probally upgrade your xbox hardrive first. Because xbox games are pretty big. You need to download a program called Dvd2Xbox, ftp over to your E:/apps, then start up the program with the game in the drive and follow the instructions on the program. Or you could download the game and ftp the xiso using a program called Qwix to your xbox.

Hope that helps
losteyes
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:02:14 PM »

thanks for the info... I definetly plan on upgrading my HDD. That is a MUST (for me), though I found it easier to use Uleash and use the file explorer. It takes a few minutes but man was it a TON easier. thanks again though
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:18:50 PM »

losteyes  useing the Unleashx file explorer is not a Good Idea  As it will not Patch or Set ACL files on the game Nore will it rename the LOng file names that are over 40

if your going to be riping Games Best to use DVD2Xbox so your not back here asking US Why your games are not working

And if you download a Game use a program like C-XBox Tool 2 or Qwix

what i do when i get a game fom Net is use C-XBox Tool 2 to extracted then put Xbox on DVD2Xbox then ftp it over

(Just to make sure all goes well)

so far has worked 100%
losteyes
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

Thanks for the information again. I appreciate that, Im glad you mentioned that, I haven't had the chance yet to copy it over all the way Sad power went out when trying to do that the day I wrote the post. I have the DVD2Xbox prog. it was included in Krayzie's installer v2.8. I have been reading up on how to swap over to a new HDD. Question though would be If I FTP the existing files from my (softmodded) xbox to my PC then FTP those files to the NEW HDD after swapping them out or will I have to Re-Sofmod the new Xbox HDD? (shortend version).
drfweega
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »

Yes, you'll have to re-softmod it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: