Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 05:51:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xbox error 05??  (Read 3352 times)
macx
« on: January 17, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »

Hi all!   

I have a softmod xbox and I unlocked the drive when it should have been locked (retail drive) now the error message 5 is on the screen!!   I put the hdd in an other chipped xbox locked the drive now error 6 is on screen!! And worst of all i dont have nothing backed up!! Eeprom etc... But i do have the hdd key written down.. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? P.s i can not boot up etc just sevice error on screen!!

Thanxs

Mac
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 08:59:33 PM by Dr Fweega » Logged
Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:47:07 PM »

Well as you have found out, error 5 means its not locked, and error 6 means it cannot unlock it using the key derived from the eeprom.  If you have the hdd key written down, put it in a computer and use the unlocking tools on xboxhdm. Or, you could put the chip in the softmodded box, boot up the unlocked drive and re-lock it using the eeprom on the softmodded one and then remove the chip.
drfweega
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

XboxHDM is the best choice unless you know what you are doing with installing chips.

The next time you type try switching off CAPS LOCK.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: