Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 12:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help installing large drive.  (Read 14138 times)
Links
« on: January 08, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »

Hi all,
This is my first try at modding an xbox, so bare with me if I ask anything that might be considered stupid. A friend of mine recently gave me his soft modded xbox. Ii had the stock 8 gig HD which I switched out to a 40 gig using Xbox HD Maker V1.9. This past weekend I switched out the 40gig for a 250 but I am not seeing all of the free space from the drive. I enabled G in evox thinking that this might solve the problem but it is telling me that there is 0 free. I have read on a few forums that the Xbox will not see past 137gig unless you do something to it. What is that something? What other software do I need to find in order to get this to work? Do I have to upgrade my M$ dash? Under to system info it says D: 1.00.4920.01. I don’t know if that makes a difference in the Xbox seeing all 250 gigs. Eventually I want to stick a 300, 500 or even a 750gig if it is possible. I’m trying to go up in increments learning as I go.
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 01:41:00 PM by Links » Logged
realg123
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »

Check this tutorial out it should help you.

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=176.0
Links
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »

Thanks for the info but the tut did not work. All steps where done and FlashXP said that it formated the partion but after rebooting the xbox the G drive is still show 0 freespace. What else can I try?
realg123
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 03:40:19 PM »

If you use the same exploit as you did for softmodding just load it back in and it will ask you if you want to format g. You can also try going into the chatroom and asking for help, there are alot of bright people in there. If the chatroom does not work for you. Use Mirc server should be efnet and room should be #softmods.

Hope that helps

Take care
Links
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 09:55:34 PM »

Ok I can’t run the exploit again because I don’t have the game disc (Xbox was given to me already soft modded and the person that gave it to me was not the person that installed the mod.) I went on the chat channel and someone told me to both format f and g. That didn’t work. Then someone else told me I needed XBPartitioner which I found and installed but when I run it I get a big WARNING LBA48 info not found! Custom Partitions will not work with this BIOS! Update your BIOS to one which supports at least LBA48 version2. Press Y to continue. I pressed Y to see what would happen and this is what it showed.
1 size  5120.02MB
2 size  524.29MB
3 size  786.43MB
4 size  786.43MB
5 size  786.43MB

Extended
6 size 129434.82MB with 7 at 0.00
                     or
6 and 7 both at 64717.41
On the bottom it says 0 of 137438 which is weird because I have a 250 gig drive installed. What do I need to do in order to get the Xbox to recognize all 250 gigs?
realg123
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »

Sorry, I dont know anymore. But I'm pretty sure ZZk would be able to answer that, and other knowlegable users would be able to answer that too. Sorry, hope get through this problem.

Take Care
Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 02:10:53 AM »

sounds like you are using an ancient softmod that doesnt support LBA48 version2....
that'll limit the partition size to 137gigs as you have found out....
its pretty complicated over that, so my recommendation would be using a modern softmodding technique so you can use the full hdd space.
Links
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:13:10 AM »

What do you recomend and where can I get it?
drfweega
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

http://www.newegg.com - They have some really good deals on hdds.
Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 03:54:08 PM »

What do you recomend and where can I get it?

Well if you dont have a game disc to redo the softmod, I would recommend the Ndure PC method where you hotswap the drive into your PC and install the softmod through xboxhdm.
Otherwise if you can get ahold of a game, use krayzie's ndure installer.
Links
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 05:20:49 PM »

Blink:
Would I have to delete the old softmod before running Krayzie's Ndure? If I do need to uninstall the softmod before loading, I have a problem. I know that who ever modded the Xbox used 007 to load the exploit but when I stick the game in the Xbox it will not load. After the Xbox logo M$ text, the screen goes black and it just sits there. I tried it with the game in the drive at startup, launching the game from Evox using launch DVD, and loading into he M$ Dash through Evox and then inserting the game. The same thing happens on all (black screen). I know it’s not the game because it loads fine into an unmodded Xbox. What I was thinking of doing was finding a backup of a stock HD with that latest dash and kernel. I will then use XBHDM to create an ISO of the stock contents with my EPROM and the Mech game save exploit (I don’t have a memory card). Load that onto the 250 gig hard drive and then use the Krazie Ndure to reload the softmod this time using Mech. That should allow me to have everything updated to the latest versions and enable the Xbox to see all of the free space on the drive. This way when I decide to upgrade to a 500 gig HD the Xbox will be ready for it. Is my thinking correct?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 03:54:15 AM »

your best Bet is just Hotswap in a fresh C: and E: then resoftmod with Ndure
Links
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:49 AM »

Last night I got my hands on an unmodded Xbox that has the 5960 dash on it. I tried using zzk's tut on hot swapping but it did not work. Everything seemed to work correctly, I pulled out the drive right at the Xbox logo screen, I paused the PC start up screen and installed the drive, both IDE drives were detected but when I get into windows and launch Xplorer360 it says that it can’t find fatx drives. I went into system properties and the drive is there so I now windows is seeing the drive. What can I be doing wrong? I am going to try again today and if I cant get it to work I'm going to go out and buy a memcard, mod the stock drive, pull off the data, create a new ISO with my EPROM and copy its content to my 250gig.  Then I'll just uninstall the mod from the stock drive so I can give it back. Am I right?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 03:53:01 PM »

Xplorer360 Should  says that it can’t find fatx drives  then you should see a list of parstions pop up on the Left side
Links
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »

How long does it take for the list of partitions to populate? After clicking of to the no fatx popup the list stays blank.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: