Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 05:01:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Floppy drive just plain not working...  (Read 5346 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2007, 01:51:24 AM »

hey everyone. ive got some floppy disk drive on my comp, u know the regular 1.4 MB one, and it was working fine for a while. then all of a sudden. nothing. like i put in a floppy, i run A:, the green LED comes on the drive to show activity. then i get a dialog box saying there is no disk. i bought a new pack of disks and used them on my laptop, works fine, does not work on PC. any idea how to revive my floppy drive.

PS> i though that it wont work cuzza dirt, but i dont know. like im sure theres dust in there, but shouldnt it still function? thanks.

skip

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »

My  A:  drive has Never worked on my New Pc i did not even know till it was to late =( i have the same thang the LED lites up but says there is no disk in the drive =(
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 03:58:27 AM »

you still use floppy's? what can you use them for? some word doc's dont even fit anymore...

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:55:24 AM »

ur right i dont really use it, but i just would like it to work for the sake of it. what really gets me is that it was working then just stopped.  Huh

Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:58:20 PM »

well considering they are less than 10 dollars to replace, i'd do that instead of worrying about trying to repair it...
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »

ur right, its prolly not worth the effort, and i should just replace it. but now the problem arises... shopping. urg. ah well. ill just take it apart and clean it or something and try again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: