Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 06:14:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy LEDs from?  (Read 6991 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:30:16 PM »

hey everyone, ive wanted to do a few projects involving case lighting and such but the problem is the resources. like ive checked out several sites, but most of them require a credit card, and call me old fashioned, but i just dont feel comfortable paying by credit. there was this one site http://www.LEDshoppe.com, it was cool with check or money order, but u have to buy like 100 or 150 of one color. i was just wondering if anyone would know where to buy LEDs cheap, with a chosen amount of pieces and a place that accepts check or money order. thanks.

skip

liquidd

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »

Skip,

I got mine from Radioshack.  They told me that the chain was trying to quit carrying them, but they still had them in stock and were not ever going to order any more.  Check your local ones.  I got mine cheap along with the resistors.

Liquidd
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »

awesome, thanks a lot for the tip. well im in canada, we dont have Radioshacks anymore, weve got the Source. i checked almost all electronic retailers and they do carry LEDs and resistors but they are hella expensive my friend. im talkin like a buck 50 per LED, resistor are a little cheaper, but the price for LEDs, well it seems unreasonable, especially since im lookin to buy like 50 LEDs. why 50, well ive got a few projects around the house, hehe and little dismantling here, a little LED there... i was thinkin about ebay, but i dont know if i can trust the shipment quality, cuz LEDs are quite small and inevitable fragile, plu si really havent been that impressed with the prices. i really liked http://www.besthongkong.com/. the set up of the site is great, u can order a custom amount at great prices, the only problem is that they dont accepts check or money order.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 08:18:44 PM »

ill look around maybe talk to my dad and see if he knows any websites.

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 08:56:09 PM »

thanks, much appreciated.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:36:20 PM »

here http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/PDF/T071/Complete.html that has about everything electronics wise, most leds come in 10-20-50-100 packs

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:38:36 PM »

thanks snafu, i checked it out but i am totally lost on what and how to purchase. like there are a kazillion types of LEDs. anyways, ill check out the catalog again and ill post if i dont get it. thanks again dude.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: