Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 03:38:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Used the SMD Auto installer, got a problem...  (Read 13988 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »

hey everyone. first off i want to say thanks to the SMD team for the Auto installer disk. ok and now for the problem. its no fault of the auto installer its just that i used it incorrectly. u see i didnt have any DVDs so i extracted the autoinstaller .xiso with Qwix into a folder and i sent the folder (FTP) to my XBs E direcctory. all went well. i then backed up my C and E drives, and i went to FILE EXPLORER (with UnleashX as my Dash). i then accessed the folder files and i clicked the default.xbe file in the explorer and sure enough it started the auto installer. i then went about all the steps, backup eeprom, backup C and E, but for the other steps i didnt know what to click, so i just clicked everything (sorta knowing all the while that what i was doing was prob not right, but the Auto Installer post said to just follow al the onscreen instructions, so i did). alright, so i finished, and i rebooted. when i start up the XB i get the dreaded ERROR 21 screen. im not too sure what to do here, but i know that im not too deep in doo doo cuz ive got everything backed up. so if anyone would be so kind as to inform me on how to get my XB up and running how it used to be, that would be great, id really and truly appreciate it. thanks.

skip

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:02:45 AM »

well since you backed it up, see if you can get ftp access and reput ur backups back on your box, i have no clue how this could of happened though even if you had it on your hd cuz all it does is update/ add new stuff to your apps folder, unless u clicked something like make a new hd.... but maybe if you cant get ftp access someone else is sure to help you then

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 07:12:14 AM »

many thanks. i thinks thats wat i did, i formatted the HD and all that. ill try the FTP way. thanks again.

EDIT ***

i tried the FTP but its not connecting.

adeelmahmood
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »

I am just curious .. why would you select the "Format the HD" option .. I wanna know coz I might try to follow the same process to get the Installer on my xbox since I dont have a DVD burner .. but obviously I dont want the same results ..
So may be a word or two of advice would help ..
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 08:03:59 PM »

absolutely... to be frank i thought that ur supposed to click it all so i was jus bein a mindless drone. i guess that ud want to format ur hd if say u installed another, bigger hd to ur XB or maybe jus to unlock ur F drive on the stock hd. truth is i dont fully know exactly why ud format, maybe a mod can help answer this question.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »

burn the smd installer to a dvd then cold boot it and rebuild your hd, thats the easyiest option it looks like

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 08:36:15 PM »

sounds easy enough, what options will i have to choose from the auto installer, cuz i dont wanna go around clickin everything again... we all know how that ends up. and how will my backup info come in handy? will it need to be used at all? thanks.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 09:00:21 PM »

i think one of my freinds took my disc if i find it ill tell you what options to do

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 09:46:03 PM »

great id really appreciate that. thanks.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 11:13:17 PM »

well i couldnt find my disc but if i remeber right theres 2 hd building options one is stock hd and one is upgraded hd, so thats pretty self explanitory and also you night be able to get ftp access with the disc cuz all it rly is is like a evox dash with a hole bunch of auto install buttons. but fweega, zzk, boost, or SMD are gunna know for sure on that cuz its there install disc

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 06:36:39 AM »

If you backed up your eeprom or your entire C and E to your PC then you'll be fine.
Download XBOXHDM 1.9 from the files section and fill in the folders with your C and your E and your eeprom in the proper foleders in XBOXHDM.
create the xiso with the .bat file supplied with the program and burn to a CDRW.
Take your harddrive out of your xbox and pop it into your PC with the CD rom as 1st boot priority and rebuild your harddrive with the CDRW.
you'll have to goto option 3 unlock the hdd first then reboot. ( your eeprom should be on the CDRW in the eeprom folder.)
then follow the steps on how to build a new xbox harddrive. it's ABC when you get there.
next is to lock it back,  choose option 3 again and lock-hd.
just take your time and read as you go it's easy when you take your time.
after your all done, poweroff and put the hard drive back into your xbox
you'll have to remod it again after this is all done.

hang in there it's not the end
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 06:46:43 AM »

thanks so much snafu and Boost, you guys are awesome. one question boost, do i have to remove my HD, cant i just try doing the coldboot way that snafu suggested? thanks for the words of encouragement Boost Smiley

skip
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 06:45:45 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 07:36:24 AM »

yeah, try the cold boot way first if that don't load up then try the game you modded your xbox with also.
the gamesave may still be on your E partition and if so you can gain FTP access and FTP all the files required back over to your xbox.
the XBOXHDM way is the absolute way if you can't get it to boot up with the installer disc or your exploitable game ( 007, SC, MA )

there are several ways to get it back to good
I was just letting you know that you can save your xbox from becoming a paper weight.

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

drfweega
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 08:44:11 AM »

Sorry I was gone for a week, Christmas is really taking up all my time.

To reply to what has happened to you snafu. First I would try doing a cold boot with the game you installed the softmod with. If it works then once you launch the game choose the Run Linux gamesave and go into a file explorer (if there is one there) and check out your C: and E: to see what might be there or what might be missing. If that doesn't work then I would try XboxHDM which is a guaranteed fix to your problem but is a lot more work.

Keep me informed.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »

nuttin happened to me i was just trying to help him but idk all that much about the disc.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: