Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 08:49:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Streaming Files in XBMC (Windows XP/2000) V.2  (Read 34436 times)
FallenGuardian
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 06:58:24 PM »

So it's as simple as changing the "default.xbe" file out?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 06:59:25 PM »

clap clap snipes, good job, bring it to the people dont send them searching Tongue

LOL well Thanks, its been a while since i really had a good post, so yeah; but dont forget to thank zzk2001 Cool to for his awesome tut videos. I just hoped this helped FallenGuardian on his problem Grin
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

So it's as simple as changing the "default.xbe" file out?

no just cause you switch out the default.xbe doesn't mean you fixed the problem, all the default.xbe is the dash it self. See XBMC if you just replace the default.xbe, nothing going to change cause of the configuration files it has inside just like every other dash.

So what ever is messed up in the configuration files is still going to be messed up, and their are a lot of configuration files in XBMC; thats why i said just replace the hole dash.

Just like zzk2001 deleted the hole other dash and then replaced it with XBMC; thats wat you need to do just with a fresh download copy of XBMC

XBMC2007-12-03 SVN rev10891
http://ftp.endpoint.nu/pub/repository/t3ch/XBMC-SVN_2007-12-03_rev10891-T3CH.rar
This is the newest copy of XBMC
FallenGuardian
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

alright Snipes, should be the last question(s).

I've watched the video twice...any idea what he was using as the main dash when he did that?

Does it matter that XBMC is my main dash when I go in and delete all those files, then move them back over?

Is there any reason I can't just move them over and let them replace themselves? or will it not work like that?

Provided that it doesn't matter if XBMC is my main dash, I just go by the video and all will be well?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 08:15:33 PM »

1. The dash that was deleted in the video was unleash x Wink

2. NO, it doesn't matter that XBMC is your main dash; its all the same, delete the old XBMC and then place the new fresh copy of XBMC in

3. Yes, you can do that as well, if you want try it, then if it didn't work try it the way i first told you to do.

4. Yes if you delete your XBMC dash, and then replace it with a NEW FRESH COPY of XBMC from your computer just like in the video show and tells/explains it you; all will be well BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR eeprom.bin is backed up on your computer. PLEASE TELL ME YOU DO

Remember its your choice in doing this bro, you don't have to if you don't want to or if it doesn't feel safe Smiley

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:13:32 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »

I'll have to update this and bring back the pics for the new XBMC versions. Basically, if you have trouble with SMB shares, try using the IP address instead of the share name. They've made it a whole lot easier than the previous method but even that was already pretty simple.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 09:24:08 AM »

I'll have to update this and bring back the pics for the new XBMC versions. Basically, if you have trouble with SMB shares, try using the IP address instead of the share name. They've made it a whole lot easier than the previous method but even that was already pretty simple.

Aghh thats right, i totally forgot about using your IP as the share name; that was many dash updates ago. But still if he is using an old dash, then he should update his dash if he wants to be up to date.

Any way FallenGuardian have you fixed your problem?
FallenGuardian
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »

not yet...kinda iffy about changing the dash out...

how would I do the IP share? just share C: and run the share back to the PC IP addy?
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 04:10:50 PM »

not yet...kinda iffy about changing the dash out...

how would I do the IP share? just share C: and run the share back to the PC IP addy?

I have XBMC open right now. I'll slap some screen shots on the site in a minute.
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 05:13:12 PM »

Alright, I'll edit the first post in this thread but here's a guide for the newest XBMC's.

First off, make sure you're sharing something and make sure you know your IP Address.

Go to any category in XBMC like Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.
Click on "Add Source"
Click "Browse"
Scroll down to "Add Network Location"
Click "Server Name" (Browse will scan for any SMB Shares. If you don't have it hooked up, or it doesn't show, simply click on Server Name and enter it manually.)
Click on "IP Address"
Put in the IP (usually 192.168.0.# between 1-255) and press E, then Done.
Back at the "Add Network Location" screen, click OK

Find the IP in the list (looks like smb://192.168.0.2 or whatever the PC's Address is)
Click OK once you've clicked on the IP. If you click on any of the folders listed inside, then press OK, it will simply list whatever folder you're currently in on the main screen. Ideally, you can use this to set shortcuts for any folders you want quick access too, but I just keep it at the root so I can browse for anything I want)

Click OK, and then you'll find yourself all the way back at the "Add X Source" screen where X is Pictures, Music or Video. Feel free to name the share if you like. If there's no name given it will simply be the IP.

Set Content will allow you to set a default media type for each share or folder. You can choose between TV shows, Movies and the like depending on what media you are in. This allows the box to grab info from the web according to what you're currently viewing or listening to. It's a pretty handy feature if you have the time to sort your media by type.

Pressing OK will list your PC Share under that category's main screen every time you enter.
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
RE
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »

One problem I've run into on some machines is Windows Media Connect was not installed. I'm petty sure I've still streamed files without it but I can't remember. MS built this into Media Player 11 or 12 or whatever the latest one they're putting out is, so you won't be able to download it from Windows Update anymore. The only way to get it is by downloading the latest WMP.

I'm not sure whether or not this is absolutely necessary but I know there were a couple instances where downloading it made everything work, so it may be the same for other people.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 09:10:52 PM »

WOW very nice tut SatanX, it must have took you a while. You should make a topic for its so good Grin
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »

WOW very nice tut SatanX, it must have took you a while. You should make a topic for its so good Grin

Mucho thanks. If I get some more time I wouldn't mind doing some more things with XBMC.
FallenGuardian
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2008, 07:53:32 AM »

Thanks for all the help yall Cheesy

Now here's a story:

Since my last reply, I'd been trying to decide whether or not to re-install the dash. My son got a computer for christmas. Had to put it on the network. I decided for poops and grins, just let me see. Went surfing for a network folder through XBMC again, and lo and behold, what pops up? My son's computer  Shocked

I've got the 2 pcs networked, so they see eachother just fine....but the Xbox just refuses to look at my pc.

Funny huh?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2008, 01:14:44 PM »

on youre pc you might have to use the network setup wizard in the control panel, and make it able to share files, always had to on mine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: