Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 07:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a MAC CD on a PC -  (Read 19994 times)
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »

To make a Mac install dvd on a PC

Download the program "Transmac" (check torrent sites or whatnot)
it'll open .dmg files so you can burn the contents to a CD or DVD.
( mac .dmg files are like pc .img files )
Pop in a blank CD or DVD and burn.
Transmac even has burning software in it so it can burn like a mac for a mac.

This has to be one of the smallest tuts I've ever done.
BOOST
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:13:36 PM by Boost » Logged

Sig Built by BOOST

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »

lol i should install a Mac OS on my Old Pc just to see whats it like Or can you even do that ?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:44:34 PM »

nope you cant. the closest thing to runnin mac os on a pc based computer is to get vmware and emulate the mac os like i did, i took a screen shot also, just to let ppl wee what it looks like (but if your runin a dual core processor it only uses one core due to compatability issues  Undecided which stinks

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »

well that sucks
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:28:28 PM »

yeah i know, its like havein a dual core cripples you from doin it, if i didnt have a 3.4 dual i would never get it to boot. cuz as it is right now its slow on opening apps, all i use it for though is to save files for my freind that has a ibook

Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

pretty sure you can run os x without emulation now that they switched to intel, just google it
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »

thats the only reason you can emulate it, you can also install it on some intel x86 systems but not all

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »

Oyea  a little Update

(i Installed a MAC OSX on my PC....)

Yep without emulating it I found a Remade MAC OSX that was made to be install on a PC

It was the Dumbies most Guly looking pice of s**t i have EVER seen (i installed it with High Hopes thinking Hmm maybe my kick Ass Pc will run faster cuz i here Windows takes more to run then MAC OSX)

MAN was i wrong  MACs are Very Very Very Very Very SLOW  i mean even on my PC and i know i don't have the best But it's Damn good
and Macs are not user frinedly i was think OK i'll start playing around with it looking at all the cool stuff BUT nooooo
it has some gay PICs that you can't even tell WTF they are for so you just try and pick the right one hopeing it will get you on the Net or to Games

.......ok got to cool down now ....... i Mean WTF come on who the hell can say a MAC is better then PC OMFG.....

ok ok sorry i got alittle crazy there =)  And the color pinwill ?!?!? wtf   that thang stays on the screen more then the PCs hourglass

And to the ppl Who say MACs don't lock up or MACs don't need to reboot      THATS  BULL s**t..  when a mac locks up  in does that damn pinwill for like 20mins '

And when the MAC needs to refrash the RAM and cache  it does the same damn thing a gay pinwill pops up for like 20mins

i could restart my PC 200times faster then waitting on the GAY spining pinwill

anyway In short I hate MACs even more now.... the end
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »

well first off, what way did you go about installing it? and also what shipset does your motherboard have? because the intel 915 chipset the only one that runs smooth with osx, i was going to do the same thing but i have a 945 chipset. and after you get use to mac its not so bad, it jus doesnt have all the tweeking capability's as windows xp. also, what version of os x x86 did you install?

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »

i need this since a mac is a music computer and i mix so i need this

Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 11:39:26 PM »

ummm... what exactly make mac a "music" computer.  I hate all the stupid propaganda about macs like "oh they are better at editing images and movies"  totally aint true.  PC's have the same software, and actually more of it than macs anyways.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 12:02:37 AM »

Very True Blink 

i have Done alot better editting on a PC then i ever Could on a MAC
djdell82
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »

I have a custom built pc that i built myself and a mac os 10. I use the mac for web design, video and music production. Mac runs programs pretty well just not design for gaming. On my pc i have two hard drives with two os's(Win XP Pro & Win Vista Ultimate). But I still perfer PC over Mac.
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »

yea me to but the mac is just for music cuz of the software the sound card and other stufff

Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »

software like itunes??  also on PCs... and sound cards.... PC's have MUCH better sound cards available than a mac could dream of.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: