Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 10:57:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought New HDD, but doesn't even show half  (Read 6352 times)
mrcrispy
« on: December 06, 2006, 07:13:17 PM »

Well I traded in my old PC speakers and got a 320GB HDD. I followed the steps to make it Xbox HDD and succeeded. But it doesn't see all of it. It only sees about 120GB or so.
C: = 321MB
E: = 4,358MB
F: = 123K MB
Is there something else I need to do? I have a Version 1.0 Box I believe (That's what it says in Dash).
I tried to use Format tool with The New UnleaseX, but it says I need password.
I'll keep looking around to see if I can find out what's wrong myself.

BTW this is crappyone, but I forgot password and tried having it sent to me but didn't work. So don't know how to get Pass back.

Well I formatted my G: Drive in EvoX and I can see it now. 120GB on F: and about 180GB on G:
So how do I see it within UnleashX?  or XBMC?
Or am I just stuck using EvolutionX?

**EDIT AGAIN**  Well I've beeen reading around and saw that some Boxes need to have Bios Flashed.
If EvoX sees the G: drive then XBox sees it so I could rule Flashing Bios out right?
Is there some extra Parameters I have to add to some file?

*EDIT* Well I tried installing game on G: with DVD2Xbox (DVD2Xbox even sees it), but none of my Dashboards see the game I installed on the G: drive. They do however see the one's installed on the F: drive. So I don't know
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:38:42 PM by mrcrispy » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 09:03:52 PM »

well for any dash to see games in g: you have to enable it in the dash settings. and make sure you go to sytem/settings/storage in unleash and make sure G; is enabled. i will try to find more answers as i dust up on my unleash, i jus put it as my default dash

mrcrispy
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 09:17:19 PM »

Man I thought I did that. I swore I did, but maybe I didn't save. I know I went into setting in Ava and EvoX to set G:. Thought I did with UnleashX, but it seemed I didn't.
Doesn't seem like it see's all my HDD.
I have a 320GB and it only sees about 292GB. Now I know HDD usually use up some space but this is biggest HDD I have had and just didn't think the HDD itself would use 28GB for itself. I figured Maybeee 15GB.
Well gonna try installing game on it even though it seems DVD2Xbox is giving me problems now.
Thanks for help.

BTW the HDD seems to be having issues; in UnleashX it comes up as "ng Orange/174,130.77MB"
And on main menu the G: drive will Flash from G: 174,130.77MB free to G: and a square little box. Like if you don't have correct font.
So not sure what I should do? Would it be bad to Flash my Bios with the Flash Bios Option in EvolutionX?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 09:23:14 PM by mrcrispy » Logged
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 09:30:51 PM »

Flashing a bios is only for a chipped xbox so that would be bad. What type of HDD is it? I think it has something to do with the compatibility with the partitions on the hard drive. I have never really encountered this kind of a problem before. I will try and do some research and see what I come up with.
mrcrispy
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:55:29 PM »

Well I installed a game on G: drive and it worked. But only UnleashX and XBMC sees them. EvoX and Ava both have them enabled in settings, and see the drive and shows free space, but doesn't see the games.
HDD is a WDC WD3200JB-00KFA0 
From what I saw it seems to be compatible with most who have tried it. I'm going to start putting games on it and see what happens. And only use UnleashX or XBMC.

Also is there somewhere that'll show how to edit and add things to the main menu of UnleashX? Because the version of UnleashX that comes with installer had an Emu section and I noticed the New version doesn't. *edit* Think I might have figured this out. Checking out the .xml files with it.
Also What is Hot for a HDD. I saw mine was running at 126F that seems hot to me, but not sure.
Thank you for help
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:06:02 PM by mrcrispy » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »

about the hd temp  this should help http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=728.0

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 03:45:33 AM »

Every Dash Like UnleashX or XBMC has a Enable G: in the Settings

In New XBMC you'll need to set the Sorce for game to G: same for Videos to set sorce highlite over Vidoes push white button
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:48:39 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 02:50:49 AM »

I'm a little rusty, but here it goes. lol...

In your Evox config file... evox.ini i beleive or whatever it is.. your going to have to specify where Evox is allowed to look for games. Right now you probably have something like...

e:\games
f:\games

Perhaps... add g:\games?

It is case sensitive I believe. Happy modding.

drfweega
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 10:14:41 AM »

Well in my Auto-Installer I created I added it to where it looks in

E:\Games
F:\Games
G:\Games
E:\HDDLoader
F:\HDDLoader
G:\HDDLoader (which I don't think HDDLoader even has a G: drive function)

Tell me what dash you want to use and I can fix you up a nice .ini or .xml so that it will list all the Apps, Games, Emus, Dashs, Homebrew, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: