Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 02:52:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer for Softmod HDD Upgrade  (Read 9413 times)
hessel
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:06:52 PM »

Hi, I have a softmodded xbox (using Krayzie's SC exploit). It has a Philips drive, a Seagate hdd, and running UnleashX as a main dashboard.

For a while, I have been trying to upgrade the hard drive on this thing. I have multiple hard drives that I know are compatible (checked the chart).

I can't find a computer that will lock one. They all say that the drive is frozen, even if I disabled that feature. I've tried it on a Compaq Presario 5900T, a VPR Matrix, and another old Presario.

What computers have you guys used and had success with? Any that are affordable?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »

so your xbox will not boot or you lookin to amke a new hd?

hessel
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »

It will not lock

Plus,  when its not locked - wont boot  Undecided
hessel
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »

I already said that I've checked compatibility, and all the hdds I have are compatible. I am positive that it is the computer that is not compatible
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 10:28:51 PM »

well the only computers ive heard of that wernt compadable where hp's idk if that means compaqs 2?!?! you can always send our xbox into SMD to have the hd upgraded though

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 01:47:17 AM »

Thats true, I'd be happy to do so, and so would anyone else on here. I've closed the store in hopes that people who are fit and willing will offer to help people mod their xbox's free of charge. I like helping people and im sure most other people do. So if someone else wants to have an xbox or 75 sent to them, offer your services. Fweega - if you see this, make a section for it Smiley so people can post what they're willing to do. In fact, I may take it a step further and create a section of the site where it lists peoples contact information in different parts of the country, so you can type in your state, it'll display everyone that is willing to mod your box for free / nominal fee / donation, etc. let me know what you guys think.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »

also should display what they can do. not all of use are like zzk and know how to open a xbox  Cheesy sry its 240 in the mourning everything is funny to me rihgt now hehe

hessel
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 08:31:07 AM »

If I was to mail the hard drive to you  (formatted and unlocked), where would I mail it to? The one I really want to use is a 250gb hard drive, but will your computer you use for this handle it?

Plus, I would include a nice tip  Smiley  too
bozz454
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 11:51:51 PM »

I have used Dell computers before Dimension 4600 but seems to work better with the one I built Asus board ,amd, running XP64 never had one that didnt work I seem to have problems when I try to unlock one LOL
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 03:39:49 AM »

i use a (HP pavilion 8665c)  to make All my Xbox HDDs 
drfweega
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »

I use a Xenium ICE chip to make all my hdds Smiley

I will make that section you mentioned SMD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: