Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 06:20:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another LED trick: Amber LED flashes for harddrive activity  (Read 10277 times)
knuzcano
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »

Another cool LED trick, NOT written by me again  Roll Eyes
i just post these hardware tutorials as i do them myself, so Tongue

anyway, original can be found here http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/amberled.php

This simple mod makes the eject button LEDs blink amber for hard drive activity. It requires a 10k resistor and a single length of wire.

In the first picture you can see an 0805 10k surface mount resistor soldered to pin 39 on the IDE connector.

In the second picture you can see the other ond of the wire tied to the side of R3V2 connected to the base of Q2V2 which happens to be the driver for the RED side of both dual color LEDs.

A simple mod that isn't as old school as drilling a hole in your housing for some bright as hell LED that looks like ass.

enjoy,

i dont have any pics of how it works, but its not that hard to immagine though  Grin
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

What you should do is read those tutorials, then do them yourself and take pictures. Type the tutorial up in your own words and submit it. Then I can praise you for doing it yourself.
knuzcano
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »

well, i could do that, but first, im lazy  Grin
second,  i dont have batteries for my camera right now, i gotta get some batteries tomorrow, cuz its sleetin and hailin right now, so i cant get to the store   Sad
but if i get some batteries i find around the house, sure ill post a few pics to show some of the stuff
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 04:14:52 PM »

Yeah I'm lazy too, but I have officially spent 4 days, 3 hours and 0 minutes on this site.

I really need a life.
knuzcano
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:14:59 PM »

how did u find out how much time you've been here?   Huh
drfweega
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 07:58:53 PM »

At the top under where it says my name, or you could click on profile.

I think.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 06:40:11 PM »

i would do that mod but i already have a hd activity light on the font of my xbox from my modchip :-) ive been on for 21 hours lol

drfweega
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 08:08:57 PM »

Wow 21 hours and 117 posts. You are doing a lot better than when I first started. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: