Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 06:58:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fully switch Red/Green LEDs without installing your own (SIMPLE)  (Read 4510 times)
knuzcano
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:43:23 PM »

After thinkin about that Green/Red LED tutorial i posted, and i saw that other people had red LEDs on their XBOX, and i got to thinkin, "What if there was a way to COMPLETELY switch the green and red modes on the LED?"
after a quick switch of wires, i got it to work!

i DID write the following tutorial:

STEP 1.
First, you need to follow the instructions in this tutorial, at http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=806.0, but dont close it back up.

STEP 2.
Now, pop the wires marked 5 and six, and switch them.

STEP 3.
Replace the wires, place the hard drive back in it's place, and (unless you want to do more modding inside) put your case back on.  Plug it in, and check it out!!
Full red LED!  great for a red or black themed Xbox paint job!
It should show red as a normal LED, and (in theory, i havent tested it yet, so if someone could confirm this?) switch to green on error.

drfweega
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »

I like it, I think I might try it instead of telling XBMC to change my LED color.
knuzcano
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:31:53 PM »

forgot to mention, i think this only works with the original settings for the Xbox LED, so if you changed it with the softmod of your choice's settings, it probably wont work right
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: