Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 08:08:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Beginner Mod: Green/Red LED  (Read 7447 times)
knuzcano
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

This mod was NOT made by me, and the original can be found here:  http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-56.html

Tutorial written by : Mario Tedesco Jr.

STEP 1:
Open your Xbox and remove the hard drive. (You can remove the dvd-rom if you like, but it is not needed. It just makes things a little more easier to move.)

STEP 2:
Locate the group of yellow wires next to the group of large multi-colored wires (the power connector for the mainboard). This is near the front of the Xbox and slightly off center to the right.

STEP 3:
Unplug the yellow wires from the mainboard.

STEP 4:
There are 9 yellow wires. You need to locate 7 and 8 and swap them. The easiest way to do this is to either use a flashlight and/or magnifying glass (the #'s are small). Find wire 1, which will have a little arrow just below it. Then count in the same row by 2, till u get wire 7 (ie: 1 to 3 to 5 to 7, the 7th wire will be the third wire from the #1 wire on the same row.). Wire #8 will be direction across from the #7 u just located. Simply use a pin (other tools can be used such a a staple/toothpick, but pin is the best) to pry back the little WHITE tab that holds back the wire. Then slip the wires out and swap them.

STEP 5:
Simply plug the wires back into the same spot you pulled them out of and VWALLA! As you turn on your xbox, the left half of the LED power button should be green, while the right half should be red. ENJOY!
Tutorial written by: Mario Tedesco Jr.
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »

Nice and simple.
RandomCTG@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 11:12:55 PM »

Cool tut.
But could be done in XBMC withour opening your Xbox
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »

Having half red-half green is not possible by and application. It is only possible with hardware modification.
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 07:48:07 AM »

My light is orange

drfweega
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »

Mine is 1/2 red 1/2 green. Check out my tut: http://www.smdepot.net/news/?page_id=98
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 01:24:10 PM »

i dont no but i dont likew the red on the xbx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: