Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 08:51:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox freezes when attempting to Krayzie Install  (Read 5236 times)
Trnzaddict
« on: November 16, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »

Hello guys....new to the softmod scene. I dl'ed the new "fitted to Action Replay" Krayzie installer. I used 007, agent under fire, and AR.  I get to the screen where it says english, i choose english, then when i go to backup EEPROM,? I choose it.....then the "loading" screen comes up, but my xbox freezes and i get a red circle on the LEDS.I tried the same thing on my cousins xbox and the same thing happened. Could the file idl'ed be bad?  I t was right from here.....

Any help of what might be the problem would be appreciated

Thanks!
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:36:06 PM »

is tha game the non greatest hits version? and also on 007 u have to start a game then after u load the first level u go and load the "softmod" save

Trnzaddict
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 02:40:44 AM »

It's the original oo7. NON PLATINUM HITS. I have one of the first XBOX'S....got mine only about 1 year after it was released on store shelves. However, i DO have the XBOX LIVE TAB ON MY STOCK MS DASH. But i currently don't have the actual xbox live service, meaning i'm not connected to the internet at all. Which means NO I.P. But why is it necessary to have one?I have followed everything. Start a mission, play untill you are actually walking around, quit mission, then load misson. The screen goes black, and it boots to the "english" or "netherlands screen". I choose English. Then, it brings me up to the second screen, which is the BACKUP EEPROM. I go to backup EEPROM then hit A, then it takes me to the Loading Remotex screen. That's when it freezes, and i just get a steady red LED circle. This was at my cousins house, using his actual AR. We tried it on his kids xbox, and the same thing. Freezes at loading remotex . When i got home to my house, just for s**t's n giggles, he copied the krayzie thing to my crappy 8MBbyte generic memory card, so i can screw around with it myself at home. When i tried to load it off that now, it says that green screen in multi-languages that"the xbox need service" blahblahblah. I'm going today to buy an offcial Action Replay from gamestop.

But i mean, why is it freexing at the loading remotex screen? it goes fine in the google tutorial.

I'm trying to be as descriptive here as possible, please help me out.

Thanks
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 06:07:56 AM »

Sounds Like the Files in messed up  try redownlaoding it and try Agin if it does the Same thing try getting the Remade verion that was maed to fit on a New version AR memcard
Trnzaddict
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »

That's the version i dl'ed already in the begginning. Wink However i did burn it to a cd so i could try it over my cousins, cause i needed his AR. Maybe when i burnt the file, it affected the contents of the UDATA. We dragged and dropped it right off the cd to the AR. I'll try again 2marrow-Tonight I'm going to buy my own AR at my local gamestop. I'm gonna try the other Krayzie installer, the one that's not fitted to be on AR. If that doesn't work, I'll try Krazyzie Ndure.

It just sucks.....to be honest i'm not one for modding my consoles ever, but i have a copy of a PAL XBOX game that was never released in the States, and i really wanna play it, and this seems (softmodding)like the most economical (and simple) way to do this.

Thankyou for your help though....if anyone else knows what might be the problem please post! I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Thanks
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 05:46:17 PM »

if you want to send me your xbox, i'll mod it for you.

Trnzaddict
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 08:32:06 AM »

:DNever mind guys..got it to work....i bought my new AR and it worked. I'm playing my PAL game as we speak!

Thanks for your guys help though, and thanks for offering to do softmod it for me! I'm glad i found ur website!
drfweega
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »

Thats good that you got it working now. If you have any more problems just tell us, and we'll try and do what we can to help you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: