Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 05:10:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All my questions in one go....  (Read 3059 times)
Total Eclipse
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:24:19 AM »

Hi everyone.  I'm new here, and considering softmodding my Xbox.  I've a few questions that I just wanted confirming, so thought I'd bung them all in here.

1) Is there any advantage to having a mod chip rather than a softmod - bearing in mind that I don't use Live, so that's not a worry.

2) Are all the current soft-mod installers clock-loop proof?  My Xbox is often disconnected from the mains for days at a time.

3) Does anyone have any experience of going the hotswap route?  I've seen SC in Gamestation for £1.99, but can't find any Action Replays that aren't going for slightly silly prices.

4) Hotswap again - I read that it's advisable to run the HD from the PC PSU to avoid earthing issues.  Is this likely to damage the Xbox motherboard when the drive is disconnected?

5) As the softmod is altering system files on the Xbox HD, are there any known compatability issues?

I think that's all my questions for now.  Thanks to everyone who's contributed useful info to this site so far.  Cheesy
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »

1.  a Modchip and softmod can do the same things BUT  with modchip you don't need to Lock New HDD with eeprom to work

when doing a softmod Make sure to backup EVERYthing the EEPROM is one of the most inporton FILE you'll have when doing a softmod

2. Yes  make sure to Use (Krayzie Nduer) or (Krayzie UXE)

3. Yes when have a TUT. on this forum  to show you step by step on how to do it
BUT i would just make a AR and download AR software
if you don't have the things to make one going out and buying them would maybe cost you 10-15$

4. with Hotswap  there will Be risks 

5. Yes you need a Live able Dash (meaning you need to see the Live Tab on your MSdash)

there are Meany More things you need to Know But you can find all your Awsers on Here 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: