(1/13) > >>

NOS---:
I figured this thread is worth starting

1) What does an FTP program do?:

An FTP Program allows access to the Hard Drive of a computer or File Server

2) What does NIC mean?

Network Interface Card

3) How do I set up an FTP?

There are many ways to set up a FTP, Hard and Cheap or Easy and Expensive. Now this requires some basic Computer skills.

Easy and exspensive=Router
Router=35-45$
Ethernet cord=10$

Setting up FTP with an Router
1). Make all the connections. Connect the Cable or DSL modem to the Routers WAN port. Connect your PC to port #1 xbox to port #2.

2). Setting up SmartFTP(This is my program of choice, there is others like FlashFTP) Load up Evox or Ltools and write down the IP: (EX:192.168.0.3). Now type the Username and Password(The Defualts are xbox and xbox) then click connect and BAM you have FTP accese to the box.

Hard and cheap=2nd NIC and crossover cable.
2Nd NIC=5$
Xbox system link cord=14$

Setting up FTP with the 2nd NIC

1). Open up the PC and install the Secoend NIC,(Make shure power is unplugged and you have touched mare metal first) Load up Windows and install the Drivers for the NIC. Now With the system link cord, Connect one end to the xbox and the other to the new NIC. Now on the bottom toolbar Click "START" Then "Help And support" and in the "search" box type "ICS" without qouets. then under "Pick a task" select "Enable Internet Connection Sharing on a network connection" only follow step 1,2 and 3. MAke shure you are sharing your INTERNET connection not the xbox's connection.

2). Setting up SmartFTP(This is my program of choice, there is others like FlashFTP) Load up Evox or Ltools and write down the IP: (EX:192.168.0.3). Now type the Username and Password(The Defualts are xbox and xbox), then click connect and BAM you have FTP accese to the box.

It says my xbox is connected but i cannot connect with any FTP programs.

Try to use Internet Explorer. Open up Inter expoler and where you type in your webpag at the addres bar, type FTP://xbox:xbox@(Your xbox's IP goes here):21  Example, FTP://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.3:21

Please tell me if i missed something or if it's unclear!

SMD:
Freaking Awesome!!! You guys are excellent.

jebus989:
ok youve convinced me, a friend has an NIC 4 me and i can *get hold of* an ethernet cable.

sorry 4 being dumb but what do u mean by 2nd NIC card? Just another NIC right? If i didn't want to connect to the internet at the same time as ftp in my xbox, could i use the NIC i have?

grrrrrr i hate being so computery dum, i need to read more stuff. . .

NOS---:
Listen You need a CROSSOVER STYLE ethernet cord. basicly an xbox system link cord. like i said go to www.ebay.com, get a free acount, buy a 50ft ethetnet CROSSOVER cable. and by 2nd NIC card i meen adding a secoend NIC card.(Sorry about confusion) please post if you have more questions .

jebus989:
ok excellent explanation, should be setting up soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page