Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 01:08:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.5 HDD in the xBOX?  (Read 3707 times)
ViDER
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:01:14 PM »

First thing, I'd like to thank the members of this site for making the toturials on how to softmod an xbox.

Second is a question, Can I put a 2.5 HDD (server/Laptop HDD) into my xbox with brackets from 2.5 to 3.5? and if yes, which models of 60 Gb's (and up) work on the XBOX? Huh

Thanks in advance!  Wink

PS:
As I've looked trow the site, I saw that when doing a HOT SWAP, people don't really pay attention to the fact that some HD (such a seagate's and WD's) are UNLOCKABLE, meening that after buying it you still don't know if it will work on your XBOX, so basiclly your screwed. So I ask to make a list of HD's which where tested and worked (models nombers sizes speed etc. )
darko
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »

Well, to answer your question, I've never tried using a 2.5 HDD, but I don't really see why it wouldn't work. I do know that it's not going to fit very well.

As far as that list you speak of goes, just google something like "xbox hdd list" or something like that, because there's a very long and accurate list out there.

Good Luck!
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=statistics <--- this website shows all drives lockable
can even do a search

all seagates  are close to 99.8%  lockable
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: