Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 07:31:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pimp's Xbox jewel (spinning)  (Read 11015 times)
knuzcano
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:02:39 PM »

once again, NOT written by me, i just thought it should go here since it is so PIMPIN xD
ORIGINAL TUTORIAL AT http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-165.html
i havent completed it yet (damn green paint wont come off, stupid oven cleaner Angry  ), but i immagine it would work, its pretty simple too

Prepare for the pimpinest Xbox ever.......

Go out to buy one of those cheap hdd fans , or get one laying around. The fan is held in its surrounding plastic with 3 legs.
Cut/saw them loose, and snap of all the blades of the fan , or if you already have a hole under your jewel you might wanna keep them on for cooling reasons, but you may have to fine tune a little to avoid the blades of touching your case.

Once I was trying to make a clear jewel, but my oven cleaner wasn't strong enough and only cleared out the letters "XBOX"  well in this case it give a nice effect, as the jewel is spinning realy fast it gives a nice total see trough for the lights under it. (Like when a loser turns really fast you will see a circle). Now you will have to hot glue your jewel on top of the fan. Important is that you center your jewel decently.. you can do this measuring your fan head and marking the lines where you have to place the fan head with your measurement tools.

You may have to drill a little hole into your xbox to feed the wires trough. If your planning only to make this little hole, just cut the wires of the plug on the hdd fan and solder/fix them back later, or solder loose the wires on the fan (remove the stickers).

Be creative, there are probably allot of better methods to attach the whole thing, but I'm just here to inspire you. I'm not very precise nore am I left handed.. But hey, it looks nice.

This is my jewel spinning with 2 little blue led lights underneath. As I told you before, since the letters inside the jewel are clear it will create a see through illusion.. well you can see through but only when the jewel is turned on.

Your jewel may be a few mm un-centered because when it spins that fast you will not notice..

BTW these are not my pics, if i can get a camera, ill post my pics of it, its pretty kickass Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:03:09 PM by knuzcano » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:47:29 PM »

Well lets see it spin Man Don't leave us Hanging =)
knuzcano
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »

oops, i posed the same pic twice  Grin
one sec, ill fix that, i didnt even notice that lol

KK fixed it Cheesy
my pic will look better, i might have it in a week
my first priority is getting a USB drive first, so i can soft mod my Xbox (USB-XBOX controller and a copy of the original Mechassault should be here in a couple days Tongue) but then ill get a digital camera and post some pics of how it looks with a FULLY cleared disk tinted red with a red LED/cathode (dunno which im gonna use yet, but im leaning towards LEDs Grin)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:06:05 PM by knuzcano » Logged
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »

I might just have to try this.. the outcome was nice.
knuzcano
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:12:16 PM »

im workin on mine right now, the problem is, this jewel wont shed its paint Sad
my friend gave me $5 to trade my red tinted jewel for his stock jewel, so now i gotta redo it, but the over cleaner doesnt seem to work on this jewel Sad
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »

i got a spare fan motor from my old computer, might have to give it a shot, ill up a vid of it workin if i do it

dwheelz
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 08:25:44 PM »

I want that spinning thing, i got 2 xbox covers, so if i messs up on one i always got another
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 07:47:39 AM »

u have to heat is up to come out

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 04:32:07 PM »

u have to heat is up to come out

em... duh. lol
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW