Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 10:08:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New HDD Video  (Read 22373 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

i rebooted n keyboard is now good, can i pls get some advice on the ribbons... the current setup is that the pri on one ribbon is in my 1st CD drive n the sec is in the 2nd drive [burner]. the pri of the other ribbon is in HD n the sec is nowhere [i think it came loose from the floppy]. thnx in advance.

skip

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 03:05:10 PM »

not that i am a good speller BUT man i can't understand a Word your saying LOL
drfweega
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »

I'm lost.
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 05:52:38 PM »

sorry guys, i was typing from the PSP and i was running out of letters. what i meant to say was that the setup in my comp is as such. the sorry guys, i was typing from the PSP and i was running out of letters. what i meant to say was that the setup in my comp is as such. for the first cable the primary IDE is connected to the CD-ROM drive, and the secondary IDE is connected to the DVD writer. for the second cable, the primary IDE is connected to the HD, and the secondary IDE is not connected to anything (i think it got disconnected from the floppy disk drive). i hope this explanation is a letter less crazier than the last. thanks.

skip

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 05:36:43 AM »

think of it like this

::-----:-----:     <--- primary Master
::-----:-----:    <---- secondery Master

Now Both have Two spots  primary and Secondery

you Need the xbox HDD you're going to Make on the Primary Master Primary then the CD-Rom can be anywhere
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 07:08:56 AM »

so would i jus switch the computer HDD with the XB HDD n leave everything else the same?

Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 09:10:01 AM »

see skip, like most others, now don't worry this happens a lot
your making things a lot complicated for yourself
i read your posts two times trying to understand what your trying to do here, but well i didn't get anything, so I'll leave the help to ZZK..
there is no point in this post however i just wanted to say, don't make it as complicated as it is Smiley
and trust me after you get it, you'll say "oh.. ha!"

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 10:31:53 AM »

hehe thanks for the heads up Torob, i appreciate it...

"oh.. ha!" <-- LOL

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 07:01:36 AM »

hey, thanks for the tip, i just switched the PC HDD with the XB HDD, and booted with the CD and it booted fine. i hit F2 to enter the SETUP menu and mine looks like this...

there's nothing called Primary Master, but even tho it was hard, i dug deep and used some common sense, i found something called Primary Drive, close enough, and surely on the right hand side it said "Hard Drive". i hit "enter" and the video tut says to change from AUTO to USER, well mine only had AUTO or OFF, so i left it on AUTO...

so i exit and save changes, then it reboots and i get to the main cd screen where i hit 1 and ENTER. all that stuff happens u know that huge list with a penguin at the top, then i get he next screen where i am supposed to type "xboxhd" but the screen says that the XB HDD cannot be accesssd cuz it is locked...

either way, i typed in xboxhd and hit enter, and after that i type yes then ENTER, and then i get to this screen. the HD Maker screen with the 8 choices...

as per the tut, i hit 1 and ENTER but it tells me its an invalid choice, i do it a coupla times, but its always invalid. so just for kicks i type in every number from 1-8 and its invalid for all but 3 (clone existing XB HD), 6 (generate HD key, requires EEPROM), 7 (make DOS floppy with lock/unlock tools) and 8 (Quit)...

im pretty much stuck here, but hey thanks to all of u its much farther than last time.
please advise.

skip
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 07:06:33 AM by skip2mylou » Logged

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

cuz the HDD is Locked you need to unlock it befor you can use it
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 01:43:54 AM »

ok so i burned a new XB HDM 1.9 boot disk with my XB eeprom.bin in the eeprom folder on the disk. i boot up the XB HDD with the CD and i unlock the drive successfully. i then go onto rebuilding the XB HDD with HDM and i then lock it successfully as well. but when i put it in my XB case and hook it up to the TV, i see the error screen one more time, this time ERROR 16... i think i mightve not put enough in the C and E folder when making the linux disk. so can someone maybe tell me the neccessities of what is on the disk, or any other advice would be most welcome. thanks.

skip

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 02:10:00 AM »

Man you just haveing a hard time Man LOL

anyway you Need ALL.. of C: in and all of E: in it

C: is like 89-100mbs  E: is just a UDATA and a TDATA folder (witch are your saves)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 12:02:20 PM »

hehe yeah... ok so the only folders in the E folder at the UDATA and TDATA... with all my saves in em. as for the C folder, its like 130 MB, plus i dont think i hae the right files cuz i had to alter the xboxdash.xbe when i installed XBMC. i think thats why im getting the error 16, cuz offa dash problem. but anyways, if the files section up cuz i would really like to get a fresh copy of the C folder.

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 01:03:41 PM »

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! its working!!! i found that i had burned a backup of the orig. C drive toa DVD, and i used that for the linux CD. i followed the procedure and it worked like a charm. Zzk, thanks so much! awesome tut! .:SMDepot rules:.

*** EDIT ***
omg!!! this freakin box. ok um, thanks to Zzk i was able to restore my XB HD. so i try to softmod it using SC and the krayzie UXE right. i run SC, backup eeprom, install the softmod, use the .67 patcher, and when i finish and reboot the XB, i get the error 13... i hate that erro so much, its like it mocks me. anyways, i removed the softmod so now i have a stock XB, and the regular green dash comes on so i think im ok. but i still dont know what to do. i want to softmod it but when i do, it get the 13. any ideas? thanks.

skip
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:27:48 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 05:01:42 AM »

Update Dash with Xboxlive then Use Ndure to softmod Easy...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: