Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 02:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD drive is bad?  (Read 4631 times)
XIDEADSHOTIX
« on: September 02, 2006, 01:30:50 PM »

Hello just woundering if I can replace the disk drive in my Xbox with any Dvd rom or do I have to get one from an xbox...Thanks for the help.....
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=69.0

thanks to Mikeman for the TUT

This will get you started
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

XIDEADSHOTIX
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »

BOOST
Thank you sir.... Grin
XIDEADSHOTIX
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

BOOST
:'(Well I went to the link you gave me and cleaned the Dvd drive and well it did not work the drive is not working it makes a loud noise and the disk wont spin so in this instance what dvd drive do I buy to put back in it can I just go get one off the shelf and local comp store or does it have to be special for my xbox let me know thanks...
u nv me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 08:46:30 PM »

You can not put any PC DVD drive in the xbox. 

Samsung 616T is the only PC drive I know of that will work in the Xbox.  It has to be flashed with diferent firmware and a few mods internaly.  But... It will read any media DVD -r/+r CD -r/-rw, And it reads DVD disks about 16x faster. 

Check ebay for the drive.  They sell them already modified for the Xbox.  But hurry I understand samsung hasent made that drive for a while now so it is becoming rare.

also you can find a new or reman. stock xbox drive on ebay kinda cheap.  Try and stay away from the Thompson drives, I hear the break more often.

Hope this helps.
XIDEADSHOTIX
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:01:51 AM »

You can not put any PC DVD drive in the xbox. 

Samsung 616T is the only PC drive I know of that will work in the Xbox.  It has to be flashed with diferent firmware and a few mods internaly.  But... It will read any media DVD -r/+r CD -r/-rw, And it reads DVD disks about 16x faster. 

Check ebay for the drive.  They sell them already modified for the Xbox.  But hurry I understand samsung hasent made that drive for a while now so it is becoming rare.

also you can find a new or reman. stock xbox drive on ebay kinda cheap.  Try and stay away from the Thompson drives, I hear the break more often.

Hope this helps.
OK, Thanks....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: