Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 07:21:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative 'FREE' security and virus removal programs  (Read 4746 times)
Falluccer
« on: August 21, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »

Ok, like I've said in other posts most big security companies give you a false sense of security and get you to pay hundreds of dollars a year for there products that do absolutely nothing for your computer. I'm going to show you some very good and free security software that will protect your computer a lot better then MacAfee or Norton.

AVG Antivirus
There is other free anti virus software that does just as good a job as AVG, but AVG has my vote overall mainly for its simle interface and very little memory usage.
Donload Here

Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware SE
These two anti spyware programs are free and very effective. I do recomend that you run both programs because one program can cath what the other misses, overall there both very efective/
Download Adaware Here
Download Spybot Here

Zone Alarm Free Edition
Personally, I don't use a firewall because I have a hardware firewall in my router but this firewall comes highly recomemded from many other users.
Download ZA Here
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »

just so you guys know
i never use a single firewall anti virus program
i barely use ad-aaware at all
like i dont have it installed right now

not a single virus
is there somethin up w/ my comp or am i just too good lookin to get hit by spyware and crap?

Falluccer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 01:21:02 PM »

It's official, torb has an IQ of 4! Tongue
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »

i have internal quality of 4?
damn! dats tight,
what we say?
jigga jiga but im tellin you, the chase is better than the catch,