Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 10:25:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why most popular antivirus apps 'do not work'  (Read 4531 times)
Falluccer
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:17:08 PM »

Finally, a large new company has finally shown proof what I have said for a long time. These large companies sell huge by putting them on prominent display at your local store promising total protection in one package for as much as a hundred dollars as well as retail bundles on computers such as Dell, Gateway, Hewlett Packard and Compaq. In reality, these programs do NOT work well and tend to be very bloated degrading your computer performance. This is why we do not suggest you give these companies more money unless they improve their products. The sad reality is they are playing on their large, well known names, to make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

You can find the article here.
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:59:13 AM »

a false security for some people is all they need to feel safe.

I have heard the same thing for years, AV companies need to make viruses to block them.... so if they don't make them all then how can they block them all. And now considering they don't even block their own stuff half the time just makes you feel used, abused and all that mess.

you gotta love billion dollar companies that we pay to do nothing.
oh yeah.... I can't remember the last time I paid for AV.

but all the same, still screwed up
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Falluccer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:20:41 AM »

People don't realize that there are plenty different and better alternatives to go with. We have the Free Versions of Avast and AVG, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Zone Alarms Free Firewall.

Most people in this world are computer ilerterate because they don't take the time to pay attention in computer class because it's "boring" or they just think its geeky. Those are the people that pay those companies millions of dollars to do nothing for them, and those are the people that screw up there computers and get viruses and spyware ALL THE TIME!

Other things piss me off too, like when IT's of big corporations actually listen to microsoft and these other big companies and pay them millions of dollars every year for nothing. Then they wonder why there computer systems got hacked or infected with a Virus or trojan. The IT's of big comapanies need to wake up and smell the roses Grin
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:55:55 PM »

still doesnt affect me cuz i still down ur no anti virus, firewall, spyware remover
my soft as a babies bottom
and i farted and it was wet and it went down my leg and wet my socks, so i had to get new socks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: