Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 01:32:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTP speed problem - streaming from STB HDD via router over cable  (Read 2564 times)
brianh
« on: August 04, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

I have a newly softmodded box using Krayzie 1.1 installer; XBMC 16/07/06 installed.  When streaming over LAN through wireless, speeds are fine.. problem occurs when streaming from a Topfield STB HDD, (connected via USB to ASUS Router running an ftp server) accessed from the xbox by it's ftp address & cabled with cat5 (ie. no wireless between xbox & ASUS)...

When using SmartFTP from the PC, both sources will sustain transfer speeds of ~500 Kbps quite OK; the problem only shows up using the xbox to access the STB directly.. the maximum I can get it to go is 256 Kbps which causes video stutter

Having looked at the files on the E/drive of the xbox, the only config for the ftp I can find is a FileZilla.xml file -

1) Are there any other tests I can use to pinpoint the source of the problem;
2) Are there any settings I can tweak, to increase the speed?

I'm pretty sure this isn't covered anywhere (fingers crossed behind back), I've read heaps & not come across anthing like it...

Cheers,
Brian H
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 10:27:12 PM by brianh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: