Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 09:26:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: softmod fubar!  (Read 2841 times)
santos
« on: May 29, 2006, 06:38:40 AM »

ok.. i softmodded my box... i tried to do something stupid on it.. well the drive got corupted... well now i got a xbox with no hard drive.. i tossed it.. an no i did not back up.. well my question is. is it possible to softmodd an brand new drive place it on my box an bam i can play again? i even tried asking the smdepot store this question.. i was thinking of sending my box an a 80gig HD.. so they can softmod.. but will i need a original drive with the dash board? well sorry for such a long post.. but i just want to know if am stuck with a large paper weight.. or a possible resoftmod..thank you in advance...holla
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 09:09:57 AM »

There is no way to place another HDD in there unless you have the systems eeprom to flash on the HDD. There is no way that it can be fixed... sorry.

I would just reccommend ordering one from the store that comes premodded, and when you get it just backup the eeprom.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: