Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 09:33:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Soft Mod walk through for PAL Xbox to access resolution menus  (Read 8798 times)
Gordon
« on: July 13, 2005, 12:33:19 AM »

I noticed on another site that you referred to a tutorial/walkthough.

I have a PAL Xbox (not sure which version – how do I tell?) but the projector I’m using a BENQ6200 projector which has a higher natural resolution which I want to take advantage of & also avoid the blurriness caused by the scaling between resolutions. I've seen a projector with less ANSI and a lower contrast ratio but with the same natural resolution as a PAL Box and was surprised at how much clearer the picture was.

I understand that I need to soft-mod the PAL Xbox (which have the HD resolution turned off!) to NTSC before I can access the resolution menus.

Do you have a tutorial for that or can you direct me to one (one even a total noob can understand)?

I don’t have Mech Assualt but a friend has Splinter Cell. I understand that at least one of those games is required. Also, do you need to connect the Xbox to a computer, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:24:25 PM »

Hey dude,
   When it comes to soft mods I reccomend going with Ltools. It's an amazing utility which makes modding your xbox so incredibly easy. Compatible with PAL and NTSC Xbox consoles. Or if you really need a hand visit our Store at www.smdepot.net and we'll be happy to do it for you. Unfortunately I don't currently have a comprehensive tut. for Pal Xbox's, but it's in the works, like so many other things. Check out www.xbox-scene.com for tonz and tonz of tutorials about everything Xbox. Sorry for the delayed response btw.

jebus989
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 01:55:21 PM »

hello,
 firstly im certain that i know alot less than u (o great one) about softmodding, but ltools? is that not gettin abit outdated? (full respect out to ldots tho). Although it has slightly different aims, i have been told to use krayzies UXE installer. . .
 Can u tell me y u use ltools over krayzies so that i can make a informed decision b4 i mod mine (2moro!! depending on plays delivery...)

Thanks in advance + nice site peeps

ooooo nice text options[/color]
NOS---

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »

This is my Opinion, If it Aint Broke'Dont fix it.

LTools works great and has little to no known problems. Also, If you are new to Softmod, take baby steps, if you feel Comfrtoble doing it but want help, IM me of SMDepot on AIM and we will be glad to help, do fell good? Take it to the Store and have SM do it it profesionly.

NOS---

I will answer you questions to my best ability!
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 03:06:30 PM »

Krayzies Auto Installer is Awesome! don't get me wrong. I like ltools though.. personal preference I guess, also I've always been able to fix it if something goes wrong... so alot of my advice will be twards that. I'll probably continue to use it mostly... But we're more than happy to try to help with any means of Soft Modding. As always, my first recomendation is to visit my online store Smiley But apart from that...

Any questions you have... let us know. It's why I made this site. Smiley

Ranukano
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 10:23:18 PM »

I myself have written a few tutorials, used both ltools and krazyie's autoinstaller.

Both work fine, although the Krayzie's has a better GUI and just looks better, both have the same power and can do much of the same thing.

All Softmods are universal, i do not believe their is really any difference in using Krayzie's to using Itools, as to which to use with NTSC (USA) and PAL (UK)

I am getting ready to write, although at this point i'll transfer over a previous written one for using Krayzie's Autoinstaller 2.7
jebus989
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 05:30:55 AM »

ok guys thanks for the info.

big mod day today!!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:41:11 AM by SMD » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 07:13:41 AM »

(Krayzie's Autoinstaller 2.7 is old) New Version 2.8 has been out for some time =)
nooobie
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 01:10:02 PM »

can some one help me? i need to get my old ms dashboard back if you can help please explain or email me at ciege@att.net please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: