Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 07:27:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error 16 - - Original & Backup Games not Booting  (Read 3091 times)
thom_ghost
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:35:32 PM »

Hi All - - Here's the situation - - Keen for some feedback - -

1 - - SoftMod - - I didn't do the original install, but with all the reading trying to fix the below, I think I could now.... (smile)

2 - - UnleashX - - Hit "restore backed up Mod" - - Accident and beginning of trouble

3 - - Lovely Green Screen of Death but games still booted

4 - - Moved xbox into my office to work on it - - Unplugging it coincides with failure of both original and backup games to boot

5 - - Now Error Code 16 (was 13)

6 - - I've got "xmas lights" (fragging ?)

7 - - I've created both SID and AID boot disks on both CD/RW, DVD/RW, and DVD+R from 3 different brands of media (in case it got picky)

8 - - Nothing is booting

My step 7 might be the problem, but if it's not booting any backup game, I might be out of luck - - Please check my math:

To be sure, I've (a)  Unpacked the AID 3.0 ISO (IsoBuster)  (b)  Run the 500MB set of files thru xISO  (c)  Burned with Alcohol 120% (and ImgBurn) on different media  (d)  I didn't expect to see anything under WinXP but C-Xbox Tool (ISO Explore) tells me it's all there  (e)  Boot from media gives me the old familiar language lesson (error 16)

I'm seriously considering a hard-mod to fix the issues, but not ready to give up on a software solution (yet) - 

Many Thanks  - -
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:00:18 PM »

you need to find out what game it was modded with ( mech assult - splinter cell - oo7 AUF )
if your lucky you'll still ahve the game save exploit on your harddrive.
you can reinstall your mod and be back to good in a matter of minutes.

if not......

please say you backed up your eeprom
if you did you are in luck, but require a little more work and time.

check out the xboxhdm tut
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=85.0

use your eeprom and rebuild your xbox harddrive with your PC

I bet you still have the game save on your xbox that was used to mod it, so get in touch with the person that modded it and have him load it up and fix it. or if you want to do it yourself go rent it or buy it. ( OLD VERSIONS ONLY - NOT PLATNIUM )

if you have to use the xboxhdm way with your eeprom, I suggest using a different computer and keeping in touch with our incredible live help room that has done this many times.
http://www.smdepot.net/irc/chat.php

good luck and let us know what works for you.
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: