Softmod Depot
April 16, 2024, 11:04:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: READ FIRST IMPORTANT SOFTMOD INFO  (Read 7347 times)
NOS---

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2005, 09:49:42 PM »

You know there is a few things that you need to do when in a softmod no matter what. one of those things is when in the Ltools Menu, BACKUP THE C-DRIVE! SM knows what happens when people do not back-up.

Some things will happen when you select back-up. If you know your Xbox Version is a <1.5 then you are fine, if it is a Version 1.6> it will glitch the screen and look like it is totaly messed up but DO NOT PANIC! This is what happens to those version xboxs. the way to tell when it is done is when the LED's around the Eject Button start blinking green it is done!

Same thing with the UDE install. if you have version 1.6 Xbox, what happens to the screen above will happen agian maybe worse but yet agian, DO NOT PANIC! this is Normal! when the lights blick green around the eject button, hit the power button, then turn it on with the eject button and remove disc! do not let the xbox load the disc!

This is just me but i sugest softmods over hard mods for one simple reason IT DOSENT VOID WARENTY and if SMdepot Posts he will tell you it takes alot to kill and xbox with an softmod!

If anybody has some good pointers to the Softmod Newbies feel free to post!

I will answer you questions to my best ability!
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:29:57 PM »

Hello Boys and Girls -

Yes!!!!  BACK UP EVERYTHING ALWAYS!!!! While Walmart will take anything back... even if you didn't buy it from them, Back up your Xbox info first thing. That way if something goes wrong... You can try again and just restore it. It's so much easier that way. While it is possible to fix your Xbox from a soft mod gone bad... It's better to not have to deal with it. If you need help or unsure about anything... ask us. It's what we do. We don't want you to break your Xbox anymore than you do. Though if it does happen... contact us. We'll figure it out. Also, If you don't want to deal with the Headache.... visit our STORE and we'll take care of you.

And as NOS--- so pointedly put it.... DO NOT PANIC! There's always a solution.

NOS---

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 03:00:09 PM »

Yeah, it is kinda hard to kill an Xbox with an Softmod, Also guys read my post on how to FTP

I will answer you questions to my best ability!
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 06:42:10 PM »

just like they Say  BACKING UP is the frist thing you should do remember..
Befor you Softmod BACKUP every thing from the
C: and eeprom.bin and even the E:  just to be  100% safe
(Backing up the eeprom is very good when you can't run CD to fix it)
Just uses XboxHDm and do a system restore it well set your dash back to Default dash =)

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 07:51:23 AM »

Very Good advice. No matter what your doing with your xbox. BACK IT UP. It's alot more pain to restore something that's not there... ask NOS--- ... Or me for that matter. I've had to learn that the hard way. It's soooo simple. Just back it up.

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »

WOW

all this and more can be found in that little black box??
I thought it was secrect airplane info..who knew!

I think the best it yet to come.
Hack awaya guys
Good stuff

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: