Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 07:00:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Background Changer  (Read 4915 times)
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:51:55 AM »

I am looking for help finding a PSP background changer. I cant believe that there is nothing available for 1.5 firmware yet.

There are background changer apps that support .bmp, but I want .jpg

If you upgrade your firmware to 2.0 you just transfer the .jpg image to the psp and use the triange button then "set as background"

Its that simple...

With 1.5 we are stuck with .bmp (and the image has to be under 300k or your psp crashes). This sucks

If anyone can find a .jpg background changer for firmware 1.5 I would really appreciate it.

MIKEMAN
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »

only thing i found was Psp Backgrounds at psp-hacks and you got to use PSPersonalize v1.0  to flash them
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 01:59:53 PM »

Get a jpg 2 bmp converter.

MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for responding

zzk:

I have tried pspersonalize. Its not a bad program, just that I hate the fact that newer firmware supports jpg and older doesnt have a work around yet. Plus if you read the fine print, the bmp images should be under 300k so it dont crash.

SMD:

I have looked into this as well. I know it can be done, and under 300k to boot. I have photoshop so I can work magic, its just that I am lazy and I want the triangle>set as background (for a jpg image) I just cant wait for hackers to do this, I mean the damn psp already reads jpg... I dont understand why its so hard to place as background images

MIKEMAN
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:45:24 PM »

Hey,

Its been weeks since I replied to this.

I have found an alternative:

PSP OSS

This is a shell operating system for the psp. It allows me to set the background, browse my files, and listen to music. It also supports launching other exploits then coming right back to PSP OSS.

Its a nice piece of software. It has far to go to replace the main boot screen, but its a nice alternative.

MIKEMAN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: