Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 05:14:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: modding tut  (Read 6531 times)
eppinizer
« on: February 25, 2006, 04:03:35 PM »

Hey guys i just put this tut together and i was wondering if i could have some constructive critisism. This tut would probably be for people that ask me how to mod, so i dont have to explain it to them. heres what i have so far

SOFT MODDING YOUR XBOX
There are many ways to soft mod your Xbox, I am just going to document how I modded mine. I did use these mods for cheating; I did go on Xbox live with them

Materials: computer, router, Xbox (duh), action replay, and mechassault(you can use 007: Agent under fire, and splintercell as well),crossover cable, and/or a router (can use other materials but as I said, this is what I used, it’s so easy)

After you have acquired all of the materials, its time to get to work. Take out your action replay and plug that sucker into the USB port nearest you at your computer. Stick any old memory card in there (as long as it is 8mb or more) and get ready to download the Linux mod. I used krazies UXE installer which worked just fine for me. To acquire this mod u could do all that efnet <scat>, or you could just simply go to http://www.biline.ca/xbox_uxe.htm which has most of the information needed to install the actual program on it. But as seeing I’m making this tut, I might as well write my own version.
    Download the UXE program for mechassault (it will tell you which is which at biline) and do not unzip it. Save it somewhere easy to remember like your desktop or another of your choice. Open your action replay software (if you have lost the software you can also get that at biline.) and plug in your memory card that your going to use. If your action replay doesn’t recognize your memory card (the left column will be blank and you can’t drag anything to it) than you probably have a situation with your driver. go into the control panel, system, device manager, and click on the USB port that saysâ€? mass storage device" go to the driver settings and click uninstall driver. After that click update driver. Choose to pick the driver from a list. Choose your action replay software (I hope that if you have this problem that you still have your CD) and click on one of the memory card drivers (these are in the folder called drivers, go figure eh?)
   Once you have this out of the way, drag that UXE installer from where ever you put it( I told you to put it somewhere safe and memorable!) into your memory card column of the AR software. There will be a yellow bar showing the progress of the transfer. After you complete the transfer right click on the removable hardware icon on the bottom right of the windows screen, it will look like a rectangle with a green arrow pointing left. Click on "safely remove hardware" either it will confirm that it is safe to unplug, or it will popup another box that will give a list of things you want to stop. Click on the memory card and press stop. OR you could just pull the damn thing out, I don’t care, nothings going to really happen. Throw in your mechassault and pop in the memory card. It may help if you get rid of all the other saved games first. Copy your information from the memory card you used to the Xbox hard drive, then start up the game. Click on campaign, and there should be a file called run Linux. Click on this and be amazed as your Xbox goes to a krazie new world! Open up waffle tools and install krazie uxe .It also makes a backup of your hard rive but that’s for pussies that screw up. Anyways, after that is done, reset your Xbox(some may experience a unreadable image when the backup is being made, wait for the led light on your Xbox to flash and then restart it. when you restart your Xbox you will notice something strange, the old dash bored is gone, replaced with a new red one.

Ok, so you’re Xbox is modded, now what? You might ask... WELL..... If you want to hack halo 2 keep reading!

Ok so now you’re ready to mod halo 2. The first thought that comes to most minds of people, is I want to download super speed mod, or high jump mod, Ha, HA HA HA HA I laugh at you noobies. Anyways, you do not actually mod halo 2, you mod the maps downloaded on to your Xbox through Xbox live, or via the map pack CD. In order to do this one must FTP it.

FTPing. What does FTP stand for you might ask...? The Hell I know! I don’t really care! It’s awesome. First of all, download a program called FlashFXP this will be you ftp station. Second hook up your router to the internet (the cord from the modem) on the wan port. Than your computer that has FlashFXP on the 1st routed port, and you’re Xbox on the second. Routed port. Turn on everything on. with your newly modded Xbox go into misc, system, network settings(I'm pretty sure that’s it) on the top it will show your ip address your Xbox is currently using, and your password which by default is user: Xbox, pass: Xbox Open FlashFXP on your computer, click I accept and go to session ,quick connect. In the host/URL field type in the ip address shown on your Xbox, and enter in your user and password (Xbox, and Xbox) then hit connect. There should be a number of folders now on the right side of the flash window. Click on e: and find the folder that says TDATA then find the folder that ends with 64. This will be the folder that contains the downloaded maps from each of the three map packs(first all 3 folders contain different maps, first 2 folders have 2 last one ahs 5). First things first create a folder hidden away in a safe place, name it unmodded maps. Go through each of the three folders and drag a copy of each map to this safe folder. You can tell which the maps are because the file will end in .map. Once you have them all (there should be nine in total you should make another folder called to be modded, put copies of all nine maps in here. and finally make a folder called modded and leave this folder empty for now.
    Now download a program called dothalo. I’m not going to refer you anywhere to get this, its everywhere just type it in at yahoo or Google. Once you have dot halo, you can start modding your maps. If dothalo doesn’t work it may require you to download a program called .net framework just search for it and you will find the main site at the top of the list. Now I am not going into detail on how to do this, if you don’t know how, than I would suggest not doing it, and just downloading .ppf patches. These are a little harder to find, I would suggest joining some forum in your search such as smdepot.net or http://www.halomods.com/
   After acquiring your ppf patches, you can now mod the actual maps. Open dot halo and click on the map tools screen, click open map, Make sure you open the map from the, to be modded section and not the unmodded section. Then apply ppf patches. Browse for the ppf patches you have and make sure it is for the correct map (dune=relic deltatap=sanctuary triplicate=terminal) click apply patch and it should say X# of changes, X being dependent of what mod you have. After this is done click on encrypt code. This will make a new signature. This is very important so remember to do it. After you finish encrypting, close the map and go to your to be modded folder. Drag the map that was modded into the modded folder. Once you have done this with all 9 maps its time to ftp the maps back into your Xbox. open up flashFPX just as you did the other time and go to the same folder as before (Note: the ip address on your Xbox may have changed, go back to the network settings and see what the ip is before you try to ftp) take all of the modded maps from your modded map folder and drag them to there respectable locations in the three folders. To do this just drag over a map such as containment.map onto the original and click overwrite when the pop up appears. Once you have done this with all the maps that you want to. You can boot up halo 2 and try them out. If the fail to load than most likely you didn’t press encrypt map. Sometimes you have to encrypt it again, so don’t be discouraged. Once I had to encrypt a map 4 times before it was a signature that my Xbox read.

Some tips for modding on Xbox live.
1. HAVE A BRIDGER. A Bridger is someone who uses a crossover cable and a 2 Ethernet cards to bridge their connection through there computer. With this and a firewall like zone alarm. And ip viewers like commveiw. One can set the trusted zone of their firewall to only allow your ip which allows you host. Host is very important because with out it, your abilities will be lessened. For instance if you have host and an automatic battle rifle, you can run around all day without it needing to be reloaded, but without host you have to reload constantly. Also if you have spawn mods, you will no be able to control your spawns. GET A BRIDGER

2. Your Xbox live account is going to get banned, I suggest getting a lot of 2 month free trials, I wont say where to get them, but I will say get them. I and my friends are nearing the 300 working 2months. These will mistily be going on sale for 5-6 dollars apiece 10 for valid ones and 45 for a 12 month. If you are looking to buy than contact me at Eppinizer@yahoo.com and make sure you have a pay pal account.

3. Dont worries about consequences. Bungie has a lot of dry threats such as being ip banned or Xbox banned, this does not happen. (Unless maybe your hard modded) You can report modders as much as you want and they still will get banned in 6 hours. If you are hanging with a modder, you won’t get banned. Maybe if a hundred people leave you cheating feedback, you might get banned for a day.

4. Switch credit card numbers from time to time, after a while a number will become frozen and will not be able to make any more accounts on it.

5. Dont talk <scat>. You are modding. You are cheating. You are being a pussie, don’t talk <scat> about it! Sure you won, but hopefully you don’t win disgracefully. No matter what the other team says (And they will say a lot) be nice, unless you can kick there ass legitly then challenge them to a lockout game and own those noobs.

6. be good at the game before you start modding, I was a level 33 legit before I started to mod, and I only modded my self up to a 35. At a certain point it’s very noticeable that you had to cheat to get your rank. Also, if you ever get into a challenge legitly with someone and they kick your ass, you shall be disgraced for ever in for all of eternity.

If you have any more questions or I have left something out, or made a mistake (not including the grammatical ones) please contact me at eppinizer@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 08:23:31 PM by eppinizer » Logged
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

These are a little harder to find, I would suggest joining some forum in your search such as smdepot.net

Bravo! I like that part. The tut looks pretty good but make sure you say that you can use 007 AUF and SplinterCell when modding, in case they already have one of those.
eppinizer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »

oops! i forgot about that one, thx
sinkableplague
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »

i have recently got my halo 2 working off of my hdd and now it says failed to load map on all of my maps even the ones i didnt mod can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong
drfweega
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:50:21 PM »

Load a single-player level to make Halo 2 cache correctly then load the multi-player level and wait about 5-10 seconds and it should work.

It happens to me all the time, it's really retarted.
NOOB AT MODDIN
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 08:15:19 AM »

when i load the map it doesent do the mods
what did i do wrong ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: