Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 06:05:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few softmod questions  (Read 4502 times)
m1elr
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:01:50 PM »

Hi all, I have a few questions that are stopping me from soft modding.

1) Is it possible to use a USB pendrive instead of the AR unit, (I see xbox usb cables on ebay)

2) using the Krayzie system, do you copy all the files from the udata.zip to the memory card/pendrive ?

3) As my Xbox is only a few weeks old I'm guessing its the latest version, (1.6b?) also it's PAL does this make any difference?

sorry if these are stupid questions or covered else where, I have looked around the forum, but there is so much info.

any help would be very welcome.

Cheers  Carl.
jebus989
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 01:43:37 PM »

1) Yeah you may be thinking of the Mega X Key. Or there are homemade versions. You can use these if you want to.

2) I cant see which pakage you have so can't be too specific about which files you have. As long as you have an official release (from Smdepot.net or #xbins) then yes.

3) 1.6b, will not affect your softmod too much. Also PAL is the best region of all because im there... and with reference to playing other regions games and video, you should be able to do this no worries when your xbox is modded.

If anything is unclear or if theres anything else just ask some more.
m1elr
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply,

The cable from ebay is an xbox plug to usb female. premade.

I was looking at using the following file,

Krayzie_007_UXE_Installer_Dutch-English_v2[1].8.rar

in the udata.zip I've just noticed there are a few .Rar files, do these need to be extracted or placed on the memory card as they are?

Cheers and thanks

Carl
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:16:10 AM »

consider Krayzies Ndure v1.1 007 (assuming your using 007: Agent Under Fire). It's the newset release and, in my opinion, best. I have posted the file in files section and the readme in FAQ if you wanna take a look.

Leave the udata.zip alone. Just unrar the file you download (if it is in .rar). Everything else should already be in the correct format (especially iof you get it from smdepot).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: