Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 05:19:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 CFW (Good... OR BAD!!!!)  (Read 4734 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:46:20 AM »

Well i moved over to CFW last night after having 3.41 for years now and i got to say the move to CFW has been hard and close to making me want to go back to 3.41..

The CFW i picked for my PS3 is (3.55 NFW v2) "just came out"

Why did i pick it? for a few reasons
1. It's based off the  kmeaw CFW  just with things added to it like Lv1/Lv2 and  Cinavia Protection
2. All things made for kmeaw 3.55 should work on it.
3. getting kmeaw's then doing all the Lv1/Lv2 patching etc etc would have sucked.

Now for the UPS and DOWNS about CFW vs 3.41

(3.41)
GOOD
1. Everything just works... Sure you need to turn on the PS3 and hold eject but EVERYTHING worked.
2. Most if not ALL, from new to OLD homebrew worked.
3. 99% of all games work (you may need a eboot fix but it would work)
4. you did not need Lv1/Lv2 to get things working OR any other stuff for that matter.

BAD
1. You can't turn on PS3 from controller, As you need to push power then hold eject
2. Some newer games would not work with 3.41 and only work on CFW 3.55 (So i thought... See below)
3. I had to convert 3.55 only homebrew to 3.41 (not all that hard)

(CFW 3.55)
GOOD
1. Can power on from controller "no need to hold eject"
.....Hmm i really can't think of anymore  Embarrassed

BAD
1. The games that should work...don't work? well unless you use the right loader.. Yet never had this problem on 3.41
2. older Homebrews do NOT work.
3. Games patched to 3.41 SOME will work others will NOT.. more like a guessing game.
4. Games said to work on 3.55 DON'T WORK!!! wtf?
5. Games that should work and other people are playing..DON'T WORK!!! again wtf???
6. Still need to install crap like BDemu v2  etc etc just to have the same stuff 3.41 had
7. Homebrew that does not work get's corrupted, (After looking around you can delete them) just a pain in the ASS...

I mean i moved to CFW to make things easier and more stable etc etc yet i come to find out is LESS stable and more crazy then 3.41, point in case back on 3.41 all i had to do is find a eboot fix and load game with OpenManager 2.1 BAM!!! worked... CFW?? I find 3.55 fix for some games try loading on MulitMAN..Does not work... Try loading on Rogero Manager And hopefully it works.

I thought giving CFW a little time to fix the small stuff etc etc was a good idea Yet it's been close to a year or more now and this is the crap we are stuck with???  

I am RAELLY!!! thinking about going back to 3.41  Angry
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:34:59 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »

Kmeaw is where its at man... Do yourself a favor and just use that... I really have had no need for ANYTHING else.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »

this is Kmeaw just with added things you kind of do need LOL  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: