Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 05:03:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got Mac OSX 10.7 Lion Working!  (Read 17009 times)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »

Well, a lot of people have macs today, and even though for the most part I live by a code of silently hating apple, I also kinda silently love them too. I own an android phone, yet i own an iPod for music, and most of all, I own an incredible Gaming laptop with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate installed on it. However, I used to own a mac and Mac OSX has always been a sort of.... guilty pleasure for me, like getting a handjob with feet instead of hands... or for some, fleshlights... anyway, I did some research and I can proudly say that I know can Dual Boot Windows 7 and Mac OSX on my windows laptop... Now, this has been the hardest thing i have ever done technology wise. never mind installing modchips and flashing xbox's  and all that mess, this has, definitively been the hardest thing ive done when it comes to this. I first installed the newest available stable build of OSX, Snow Leopard (10.6, **** them cat names) and that just proved to be a giant headache, chasing rabbits... My graphics card the nVidia 460M Fermi graphics card, did not have completly working drivers under snow leopard, and I had no idea of this until i stumbled upon a fermi forum late last night. The only solution was to upgrade to the Developer Preview of Mac OSX Lion (10.7 DP4) and check to see if it worked out... well, it did, and after about 2 weeks of constant work trying to find and if i couldn't, write drivers for my very unique computer that hardly anyone has for some reason, I have it completely stable and working!

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »

Shocked I am jealous!!

Haha well I'm tri booting on my desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu Linuz, and Mac OS Leopard. The Mac is quite grumpy and moody (unstable...).. Laptop still is only Windows though Wink

I am quite jealous of you bud!! Stable and all!

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »

Yeah, it took a lot of trial and error... about 124 hours of solid trial and error actually according to my computer, and in the end, idk if it is worth it or not... but hey, it's something cool.

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »

Yea true that! Now you can show your friends what's up Wink

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »

so how the hell you get OSX booted and installed on a PC  Tongue

I hate Mac's But i would not mind trying the newer OSX out (last time i tried a Mac was back in 1998)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »

Well I downloaded Lion DMG DP4, then I had to go download a premade mac osx virtual machine, then i restored the dmg using the vm to a 8gb usb stick. from there i installed several packages (exe for mac) into the usb itself to make it bootable using any windows pc... There is a LOT of information at insanelymac.com

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »

LOL i am going to try the easy way first see if that works... "Never does" but worth a shot

Going to use Iboot Along with OSX Lion DP4
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 09:58:21 PM »

GERRR having a problem trying to burn this damn .dmg file no matter what fucking program i use it will not burn...  Angry
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »

Yeah man, that took me like a whole day to figure out that theres no way to fucking do it right on pc, you HAVE to HAVE to download a premade mac osx virtual machine... also, dont use iboot with lion dp4, in the vm install the nessesary packages to the 8gb usb drive youre using, if youre using a disk.. try using nawcom's boot cd and Snow Leopard, not Lion just yet.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 02:43:30 AM »

I still remembered when I installed 10.3 on my old computer, got everything to work except my wireless card. Biggest pita, but I would do again for the fun

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »

yeah i gave up LOL just not worth it  Roll Eyes
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12:20:32 AM »